Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1162

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

American cheese is great, in the right places

riotspray, littlejohn and Ken like this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Good cream is pretty hard too. Not the structure maybe, but the flavor. But yes, cheese is a nightmare.

Arry likes this.
  3. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

this is how I feel.

only really like it in like 4 things. burgers, hot dogs, egg sandwiches, grilled cheese.

does mac & cheese count as american cheese? if so then that too.

riotspray and Ken like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm on board with all of these, except the mac and cheese. Muenster. Muenster mac and cheese.

Also, I'm a sucker for whiz, especially on a cheesesteak, and that's basically American cheese, right?

riotspray and littlejohn like this.
  5. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, I'm just talking about boxed mac and cheese, I've never made it from scratch. I want that meunster mac though. meunster is my favorite cheese.

whiz and easy cheese counts as american cheese and that's good on crackers too.

nobody is saying that american cheese is the best though @CobraKidJon it's just good in limited uses.

riotspray, coleslawed and Ken like this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

oh yeah, fair enough!

Jdaniels and littlejohn like this.
  7. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Fully Loaded Vegan Queso Dip Recipe

I've never made this before so I can't comment on how it tastes but I respect the author a ton and he has pretty much never steered me wrong in his recipes. It looks somewhat complex to make (if you do the homemade chorizo and nacho sauce) but it also looks delicious.

Also, he has a whole series on that website of vegan recipes that he's he created while going vegan for a month every year.

Arry and Ken like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I just want the whole world to know my hate for it

coleslawed, littlejohn and Ken like this.
  9. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

noted.

also Soyrizo is great and I like it better than regular chorizo.

just want the whole world to know my opinion of it.

10. CobraKidJon

that’s probably fact tbh I need to try it

littlejohn likes this.
  11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

the usual vegan queso recipes i've found is just soy/coconut cream with some spices, blended raw soaked cashews, and a lot of nutritional yeast. so thank you for the link! it looks like a different process so i will def try and report back. people can get the consistency but the taste is always off.

i also didn't know serious eats had a following until i saw it had its own subreddit. i've just used bon appetit or allrecipes so i gotta check out serious eats more..

Ken likes this.
  12. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

it's really good. I was surprised because I don't really like any of the fake meats out there like boca or morningstar or quorn. but the soyrizo was very flavorful and way less greasy.

13. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Serious Eats is my favorite of the recipe sites I go to, particularly J. Kenji and then Stella Parks for baked goods. I love the videos that Bon Appetit puts out on youtube but haven't delved into the website too much.

Ken likes this.
  14. jmitch0906

Quorn

They have Beyond Burger in Target meat counter. They are extremely good and probably cheaper than buying at Carls Jr.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

We have restaurants here that sell the beyond burger but now grocery stores smh

16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Homemade bday wings courtesy of the gf

Attached Files:

17. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

That sauce looks incredible.

Mr. Serotonin and Arry like this.
  18. dash64

This is my design

Second the sauce comment, that looks amazing.

Mr. Serotonin and Arry like this.
  19. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

that looks creamier than i'm used too. did she add anything else other than butter and hot sauce?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

looks like she added... mayo or flour? that would be my guess. a splash of heavy cream is a nice touch in some wing sauces too.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Mr. Serotonin Jan 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 24, 2019)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

The wings were rolled in flour before sauced. One garlic hot sauce and one called The hottest fucking wing sauce or something like that. Mixed both of em.

Arry and riotspray like this.
  22. Friends and I went down a rabbit hole of Binging with Babish YouTube videos last night. Love his stuff, short and straight to the point.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i had the rib sandwhich from subway.... disappointing. Not cause of the actual rib patty, but it's so small compared to the subway roll's. Every bite is just a bunch of bread and some rib with not enough sauce. The patty is saucelsss before you add the bbq sauce but it's not enough. As a fan of fake rib patty's this was disappointing

ChiliTacos likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I forgot to order fry sauce with my order and am devestated

25. CobraKidJon

had pho again today and it was good.

my friend is vegan and she got disappointed because I guess their "vegetarian pho" dish is made in chicken broth so she was confused. She ended up just getting something else.

Ken likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.