Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1161

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s runnin-

Erm, buying

Ken likes this.
  2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Apparently enough people like it for it to be backordered

littlejohn, Ken and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

been dabbling more in vegan food and it’s pretty good.

A few weeks ago I had the Carl’s Jr. beyond meat burger and today a local taco truck came on campus and they had a jackfruit burrito.

it waS BOMB. also super spicy.

4. CobraKidJon

forgot to mention the only disappointing part was the tortilla. The tortilla was a let down but it had rice, beans, green salsa, cabbage, cilantro and jackfruit. wooooo.

Ken likes this.
  5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I want to try jackfruit so badly! That sounds fantastic

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

that’s a very unspecific statement lol that could be a lot of things, basically from all cuisines in the world haha

7. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

very true. we didn't put sauce on top which made the crunch a great texture which i've never really had before. i always put sauce on top cause i like my sauce haha. i didn't think to partially cover it with sauce, will definitely do that next time for best of both worlds

thank you! we ran out of sauce right when we finished the last layer but next time we'll get extra saucy

Zip It Chris and Ken like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

IM TRYING EVERYTHING MOOSE EVERY CUISINE

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  9. Arry

vegan food has come so far, it's super easy to switch. i haven't tried jackfruit or beyond burger yet. there's no carls jr inside of seattle so i might have to take the 30 min drive to try out the beyond burger (i low key love carls jr)

10. The Lucky Moose

So which one was good?

I eat a lot of vegan and in my experience most vegan food that comes from actual cuisines is amazing (including adpations with replacemebt products such as fake meat etc.) whereas most third culture vegan concuctions born on vegan blogs are often terrible haha

11. CobraKidJon

I’m still boring so I haven’t got to explore yet but soon I will. I’ve made plans with a friend to try out some vegan joints.

12. CobraKidJon

I think so far all I’ve had is a jackfruit burrito, Carl’s Jr. Beyond Burger and then a sandwich with like this vegan meat replacement.

I forgot what the meat was called.

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but stopped into an Asian vegetarian restaurant while in Portland, Maine. Hands down some of the best Asian food I've ever had. Highly recommend if anyone ever visits.

Green Elephant | Asian Inspired Vegetarian Bistro

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

Netherlands is a a big agritech country so we have a lot of local companies here making really good fake meat of all kinds. I almost never eat meat anymore. Dairy is another story, really hard for me to completely avoid fully in my cooking, because all the cuisines I’ve been raised with use a lot of dairy or use dairy in crucial ways.

15. CobraKidJon

I really wish I could remember that vegan meat my friend showed me was because I need to buy some. It was SOOO GOOD. All I know is I can get it at any Asian markets.

16. The Lucky Moose

I put this on Facebook and tagged my friend and her mom commented. She’s very hyped lmo

17. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah I've seen good reviews but I don't know what to believe because some people review stuff because it's funny even though they haven't tried it but they bought a lifetime supply for $90.

also looks like it's in big portion sizes which wouldn't really work for my family, we make 1 box of kraft/velveeta and it's more than enough since we usually eat other stuff with it.

Ken likes this.
  18. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

also have been making tofu more often since my wife/kids are vegetarian and they like it. usually just crisp it up either oven fry or pan fry it after lightly breading.

19. Arry

cheese is the only thing left that's hard to replicate. good vegan queso is almost impossible to find.. the closest thing is kite hill's ricotta.. daiya is gross but chao is edible..

20. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

I will never not eat cheese.

you can't make me.

I might someday be vegetarian but I'll NEVER be vegan.

I'd like to get to a point where 85-90% of my meals are meatless though. it's hard when I can eat trash for free everyday.

21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Eating trash is easy.

St. Nate, coleslawed, Arry and 2 others like this.
  22. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

its just so convenient.

plus free trash is too hard to resist.

like I could literally eat 3 meals per day for like $1.50 per day.

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

you could be a millionaire by Tuesday!

coleslawed and littlejohn like this.
  24. CobraKidJon

American cheese is so trash.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.