Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1160

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Is this a Chopped challenge

2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Rack of lamb with cous cous or some other sort of middle eastern dish?

Or an Italian dish that uses simple/few ingredients but requires a lot of technique to get amazing flavor?

Ken likes this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm thinking Italian. I've been tossing around an idea for a butternut squash risotto, pork of some kind, garnished with a bacon, Brussels sprout, peach salad of sorts. Blah.

5. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Butternut squash is delicious, I love it. I usually add some brown butter and sage too when I make it, usually with some salmon too but I see that's out of the question hah

Ken likes this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yeah. I'm stuck between meat and shrimp. Rack of lamb sounds good, but that seems a little involved for a weeknight dinner.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  7. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My package arrived.

DxhNWrTX4AAJCdY.jpg-large.jpeg

Kiana, Ken, Dirty Sanchez and 2 others like this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Would eat.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Do a heavy cream alfredo with pesto chicken...maybe grilled squash and zucchini salad with a balsamic glaze? Also, can never go wrong with Rib Eye's...or Chinese takeout.

Ken likes this.
  12. Zip It Chris

Ken likes this.
  13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

These are good ideas, but I think I just figured it out. Her site does look like it has some good recipes! Thanks for sharing that!

I'm leaning towards a play on chicken cordon bleu--thinly pounded chicken breast seared, topped with prosciutto and gruyere, and then broiled, roasted potatoes, haricots verts, and I'm going to make a roasted garlic honey mustard vinaigrette with some thyme. I'm considering making a pesto and a pan sauce instead of the vinaigrette, but the vinaigrette would be so much easier. Plus, I think that pan sauce would be suited more towards mashed potatoes.

Also, if you've only made alfredo with heavy cream, I highly suggest you try it with just butter, parmigiano, and (pasta) water.

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Sounds great!
    I've never made alfredo with just butter/parm/water, but will def try that next time.

Ken likes this.
  15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

You won't go back:
    The Original Fettuccine Alfredo

If you were me, would you do a vinaigrette or some pesto w/ a pan sauce?

16. Zip It Chris

I've always done the 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup cream, and then 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmigiana...i'll have to try your method, i'm sure it's healthier haha. I like the idea of the vinaigrette best...pan sauce could work, but the vinaigrette is a sure thing. Maybe roast the garlic in the fond and scrape up with just enough chicken stock to get the flavors off the pan to infuse with the vinaigrette? You sound like you'll be in good shape, wish I was close enough for leftovers lol

Ken likes this.
  17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I don't know if that it's healthier at all, haha. I don't think there's such a thing as a healthy alfredo? I think you're right to stick with the vinaigrette. I need to try to save the pan drippings somehow though and I really like your idea. I was gonna dress some arugula in the vinaigrette and make a pan sauce originally, but unfortunately, arugula isn't a popular food with someone at my table tonight.

18. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i posted this in vegan but its appropriate here:

[​IMG]

over the weekend, my gf and i made vegan lasagna with fresh pasta sheets and homemade sauce. it has zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, kite hill's ricotta and a shitton of nutritional yeast. i added sausage and the kraft powder parm because i am trash

do you guys put sauce over the top of your lasagna? my gf and i had an argument over it because the pasta gets deliciously crispy without it but can be overdone and dry without the sauce

Joe, St. Nate and Ken like this.
  19. Zip It Chris

Then they've never had properly seasoned arugula :)...show them the way.

Ken likes this.
  20. Zip It Chris

I put sauce on top, but you could always avoid the sides so they still get crispy...if you stick it under the broiler for a couple min., you can sometimes force the results a long bake didn't provide, you just have to keep an eye on it.

Arry and Ken like this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

light sauce on top and extra sauce on the bottom of the plate! looks great!

Arry likes this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

ChiliTacos, Borat and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

24. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and Ken like this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Reviews are incredibly positive.

littlejohn and Dirty Sanchez like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.