Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1154

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It is kind of, but I prefer to do either one or the other, haha

Ken likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

Haven’t had a proper croissant in years though because this God forsaken food desert of a country I moved to doesn’t make proper ones lmao

Ken likes this.
  3. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

im lao and the french/european influence is real. my grandparents do this but with a french baguette. sometimes they drizzle condensed milk on it before the dunk in ovaltine or cafe

4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Make your own!

5. The Lucky Moose

For various reasons that aren’t under my control I don’t have an oven sadly

6. sean_rugy Dec 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 17, 2018)
    sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

worked at a Vietnamese restaurant in college and I started all of my shifts like this after the owner introduced it to me. the condensed milk on the baguette and in the coffee, too good.

The Lucky Moose and Arry like this.
  7. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that makes it dificult. I was also half kidding, I know croissants are not easy to make at all

Ken and The Lucky Moose like this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm trying to figure it out. This is really just a rough idea although I did order the steaks already.

There's gonna be some charcuterie and cocktail shrimp for people to graze over while they sip their cocktails. Possibly an onion "jam" crostini topped with gruyere and pesto to start. First real course is going to be cold so I have time to finish the rest of the cooking. I'm thinking Eric Ripert's Asian style tuna tartare. Main course is going to be dry-aged NY strip seared and then slow-roasted until medium rare, potato pave or gratin savoyard, bordelaise, probably served with sauteed green beans and julienne carrots. Dessert is going to be really simple. Maybe a store-bought sorbet with a homemade whipped cream infused with bourbon and vanilla or something. I bought some Au Bon Climat pinot noir to serve with the steaks and a handle of Titos for a round of martinis before dinner.

9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Goddamn, you're really going all out. That all sounds delicious

Ken likes this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I figured I could spend an absurd amount on a really fancy dinner somewhere for me and my gf or I could spend the same amount and provide a feast for some of our closest friends. I'm not buying the booze, outside of the wine, so it's almost a fair tradeoff haha.

11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn can I come

dadbolt, coleslawed and Ken like this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I bought this giant pastry from a delish amazing bakery who makes the cute heart shaped sandwiches. It was good. It was an apple hand pie but it was big enough for like three people except I ate it by myself lol. And yes I did get flaky crust all over my lap.

IMG_20181216_130602521.jpg

dadbolt, Ken and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I like how you used the word “graze” @Ken :crylaugh:

dadbolt and Ken like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

dadbolt and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I had Chick FIl A today and like the chicken sandwiches are generally really good wow.

littlejohn, coleslawed, Ken and 4 others like this.
  16. Arry

excited to bbq some short ribs this sat. can't decide if i wanna dry rub texas style or experiment and marinade it in some gochujang hmm

17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

why not both!

18. Arry

haha i would but i'm only feeding like 3 people and that's a lot of food!!

Ken likes this.
  19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

@Ken tell me what other cool kitchen peripherals I need / can gift to the gf

Weve got a kitchenaide, emulsion blender, iron skillet, pressure cooker, and crock pot

I was looking at an air fryer and food processors

Ken and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes yes yes air fryer yes yes yea

21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

100% food processor.

Some other ideas would be: instant read thermometer, oil/vinegar dispensar bottles (I have two, one for canola or grapeseed oil, and the other with EVOO... I use them all the time and they are so handy), really high quality knives are always a great gift. My brother gave me a Shun knife with a serrated edge and it makes slicing tomatoes paper-thin so incredibly easy. This year I received Ina Garten's Cook Like a Pro and although I haven't made a recipe from it, they look outstanding. You could also always get a Le Crueset Dutch Oven if you really want to go all out. Blue Cut Aprons make really nice aprons if either of you could use one. Some cheesecloth, kitchen twin, a potato ricer, a sous vide attachment are all really handy too.

22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I've never used an air fryer, but I've heard they're nice.

Dirty Sanchez and Your Milkshake like this.
  23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

thanks!

Ohh I forgot about sous vide.

Zip It Chris and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Get both

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm trying to Google the places with the best fries in Salem and it's all like five guys and Nancy Jos burgers and like yeah they're natural and give u a lot and they're fine but the best??? Eh.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.