Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1153

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Deff red velvet something, but strawberry something is good too

As for a side or app or something, pepperoni and cheese on crackers is simple lol

I think there’s gonna be a lot of tomato based things so maybe stay away from that?? Or hell, lean into it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

meatballs in a crockpot with some kind of tomato sauce

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  3. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I wanted to stay away from tomatoes because I figured there would be a lot of them. My wife is making a dessert so I'm pretty sure she'll be making something red velvet. I might just do a baked brie with a raspberry and/or cranberry topping with some crackers. Fairly easy and can be made the day before and just heated up right before we leave or when we get there.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

coleslawed and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i’d go for something beet-related.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

J E L L O

coleslawed likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

had some pho at this other place and it wasn’t as good as the first place I went to.

I also took my brother and he wasn’t having it and would have rather got Chick Fil A.

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I've been gettin' so much pho lately. My build your own bowl is:

Ramen Noodz
    House broth, extra spicy
    Rare beef, Calamari, Shrimp
    Mushrooms, sauteed onions

Then i dump a bunch of black pepper and some Siracha in it with the sprouts or whatever those lil things are they give me.

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Modernist Cuisine at Home and The Food Lab are two essential and truly captivating books for anyone interested in food science or elevating their home cooking.

Also y’all, I invested in home sous vide equipment and it’s so worth it. That and the immersion blender are the go to gadgets of mine rn

9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

J. Kenji is my go to recipe developer whenever I’m looking for something. He’s changed the way I look at cooking things so much.

I asked for a sous vide circulator for Christmas so I’m really hoping I get it.

Cody and Ken like this.
  10. The Lucky Moose Dec 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

We made rissoto with a Port (you can also use Marsala or Madeira) sauce mushroom ragout tonight. Very rich and festive vegetarian (or vegan if you make some compromises on the risotto) dinner. Could also be served with some veal for that one stubborn relative. As a salad we had radicchio to balance out the sweetness of the ragout, which I recommend.

Arry, Ken and coleslawed like this.
  11. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

radicchio/frisée Salad with toasted hazelnuts and Asian pear has been my go to lately. Give it the fuck up for the endive family

12. The Lucky Moose

We actually ate radicchio mixed with purslane but I didn’t mention that because I’m not sure how much of a thing that last one is in the USA etc.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

amazing

Ken, Mr. Serotonin and angrycandy like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

The person who edited that video must be stopped.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I finally made this last night after being delayed

but..... we got a pressure cooker as an early christmas present so we used that... and its a life changing device!

Ken likes this.
  16. CobraKidJon

no lie I buy these croissants from Costco and they are so good for breakfast with a cup of orange juice.

Ken likes this.
  17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

note to everyone, do not get the stupid kitchenaid pasta extruder that makes the shapes. we tried to make rigatoni but it closed in on itself so it was a flat rigatoni. our dough might of been soft but its lame. the roller and linguini/spaghetti cutter is amazing tho

Ken likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

we have the sausage grinder attachment and love it

Arry likes this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Menu planning for 8 people on NYE is a lot of fun but also very stressful. I'm going to try to blow some minds but no one will probably care haha.

20. The Lucky Moose

In Switzerland for breakfast we often dunk croissants (we eat the French kind, not the bigger ones you find all over the rest of Europe - not sure how they usually are in the US) in cafe latte or hot cocoa. Sounds fucked up and is messy but also very good.

coleslawed, Arry and Ken like this.
  21. CobraKidJon

That sounds like just my style of eating.

coleslawed, Ken and The Lucky Moose like this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

Some people, including my mother, will, bite for bite, put a lot of butter and jam on it and sometimes STILL DUNK IT.

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Sounds glorious.

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  24. CobraKidJon

would probably butter up the croissant and let it melt away and then dunk it tbh.

That is excessive.

25. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

What're you planning on making? I'm trying to plan out the meal for Christmas for 8 right now

Ken likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.