Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1150

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Trader Joe's has the best kale edamame salad but they hardly ever have it when I look. They had one left today tho!

Also ppl are so weird about vegan things. Told my mom I got vegan marshmallows for the yams on Thanksgiving and she was like.... I'll make you your own serving. Nobody would even know the difference!!!

Arry likes this.
  2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

my brother-in-law and I both go the opposite way. there are a few gluten-avoiders in the fam who would probably be fine with just a serving for them, but we’d rather try to make a bomb gluten-free pumpkin pie (or whatever) that everyone will love just as much as a regular one.

3. Kiana

I wish my fam was like that! Thanksgiving I kinda get like not with the marshmallows that's dumb but if ppl want meat whatevs it's their tradition. But like for regular family dinners I think it's so weird I always get my own small portion set aside without meat instead of them just going one whole meal without meat.

4. marissalg

Trusted

I think it’s so funny how you can have a gluten free or vegan thing that tastes just like a normal product but as soon as you label it that people find a reason to not like it as much. General Mills got so many complaints when they added a gluten free label to all their cereals but they didn’t even change the formula at all. The cereal was always gluten free, they just had to test to prove there was no gluten in any products.

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  5. Kiana

This is the most chill and amazing continental breakfast ever. There are no kids screaming and throwing a fit and I am so relieved lol

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

omg you can't even taste the difference in vegan marshmallows and it melts the same!!!

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

All marshmallows should be vegan, gelatin freaks me out

ChaseTx, Kiana and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

All vegans should be marshmallows.

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Whole foods fresh salsa is garbage.

Had fresh white truffles for the first time ever last night. Shaved over gnocchi with braised lamb and spicy pomodoro. Life changing. $3600 a pound. Will probably never order them again, but wow, what an experience.

coleslawed and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Nothin' like a shavin' your gnocchi

Ken likes this.
  11. Kiana

Just had a disappointing food experience. Was hyped cause they had the beyond veggie burger. So this means it was expensive. It said it came with caramelized onions and mushrooms and I was like k that must be in addition to other typical burger toppings. No. It was a plain burger with tons of onions and mushrooms which are already my least fave toppings on a burger

So I'm like ok wow. Let me spruce this bad boy up with some mayonnaise (I like mayo ok let me live). This is when I learned that the packets labeled mayonnaise contained miracle whip. So I made the burger worse.

Life is hard.

Ken likes this.
  12. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Anyone else hosting Thanksgiving and/or have some delicious but not traditional recipes for the day?

Ken likes this.
  13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I need to bring a side to my in-laws and I want it to be Thanksgiving but not basic.

Ken likes this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Not hosting. I think we're making biscuits & Brussels sprouts though. (Those are two separate dishes.)

coleslawed likes this.
  15. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I'm planning on making the turkey, Brussels sprouts with bacon and maple vinaigrette, glazed carrots, brown butter cornbread, and butternut squash soup. My wife is doing pumpkin pies and I might do banoffee pie if I'm feeling up to it. Going to be a busy next couple days

coleslawed, Arry and Ken like this.
  16. Arry

I'm hosting Gaysgiving 2018 and this is our menu:

Turkey
    Ham
    Vegan Shepard Pie
    Crockpot stuffing
    Roasted garlic Mashed Potatoes + Vegan and non-vegan gravy
    Maple glazed sweet potatoes
    Vegan dinner rolls
    Roasted Miso cauliflower

here's our google doc if anyone wants links to our recipes:
    Gaysgiving 2018

I think I wanna do corn too but i feel like I'm biting off way more I can chew

17. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Hosting my parents and doing something with veal chops, a butternut squash salad, and a pasta dish.

Turkey has been excommunicated from my family Thanksgivings for years now.

Ken likes this.
  18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

need to bring an appetizer-type dish, that brown butter corn bread @BlueEyesBrewing mentioned sounds like a swell option.

Ken and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Is that last bit a pun?

SEANoftheDEAD, Ken and Arry like this.
  20. Arry

Ken and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  21. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Ken and coleslawed like this.
  22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

They had a Friendsgiving at my work today.

Now I can't move and feel like I might die at my desk.

24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

My parents are being real obnoxious about my diet

When people mock veggie people for being obnoxious about i have to roll my eyes real hard. People are always like "ok you have some of that and I'll have some real food" or "wouldn't you like some of this steak" etc etc

Arry and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

no way people in Texas aren't tolerant
    sorry Chase

coleslawed, Ken and ChaseTx like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.