Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1138

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Carmen SD

Trusted

Couldn’t find anywhere else to post this, but it’s kinda food related

It’s been a while so I don’t remember the regulations, but for those who current or have currently worked in food service, what’s the policy on nails? (mainly referring to women who like to have long fake nails). I’ve been in several places where the female staff have long fake nails. It’s a little off-putting because it’s unsanitary as gunk and bacteria can grow underneath, then they’re handling your food. As far as I can remember you can’t have on fake nails, especially that long or polish, and even your normal nails long (because they can break and fall in the food). Also jewelry. I was a place and a staff memeber had on rings on each finger on both hands and dangling bracelets. Again jewelry can be bacteria ridden. I remember it being limited jewelry on the hands/wrists so like 1-2 rings and no dangling jewelry.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

At my old job I had to make popcorn and once I had to make a zillion giant bowls and I realized after that my nail polish had chipped off oooop

3. Dog with a Blog

I work at a movie theater and do not allow fake nails, jewelry etc. if they are working behind the concessions stand

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Carmen SD

Trusted

That's what I figured. Idk how management at the places I've been to allows long fake nails. I'm sure if the health department came in and saw that they'll get in trouble. One of the places I've seen an employee with the long nails is a place I regular. And they're on her nails each time she's working.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

a few coworkers and I were brainstorming foodtruck foods a while back, and came up with the Braterrito. did a little test kitchen work this evening, moderately pleased with the results. basically its a brat with standard toppings (plus cheese, because, duh), but wrapped in a tortilla and grilled.
    67B1DD94-BD18-4A1D-B2A6-6E7D97949962.jpeg

ChiliTacos likes this.
  6. Kuri44

Just picked up a box of Kellogg’s Unicorn cereal. Cover is dope

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I got bored today so I decided to make something dumb with my top ramen and I added cheese, eggs and sausages and bellpepper and I loved it so much even if I literally just grabbed the most random stuff.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

A friend I work with regularly puts peanut butter in their top ramen. She swears by it.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Me too!! Peanut butter and an egg!!

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

egg drop soup with top ramen is pretty money.

11. travisred

Trusted Supporter

12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

wtf

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Like any peanut sauce I guess...PB, Soy, Garlic, Ginger and a splash of Sesame oil is pretty $$$

coleslawed likes this.
  14. CobraKidJon

we have rave apples at my work and people are so afraid to try them it is wild

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. coleslawed Aug 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2018)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i’m assuming he’s at the MN State Fair, aka the birthplace of every great food. can’t wait to have a general tso taco, pb&j bratwurst, and orange cream ale beer.
    why do they not call them Honeycrisp?

16. CobraKidJon

because we also have honeycrisp apples a few sections down.

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

ah, just looked it up. Rave is a Honeycrisp hybrid, not a renaming of honeycrisp.

18. CobraKidJon

Rave, Koru and Envy Apple are the three ones that always come around this time of the year that people are always super iffy about.

Jdaniels likes this.
  19. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

that’s exactly where he is, that’s madness.

I need to go.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. marissalg

Trusted

I like Koru but Envy were so similar to Galas that I never really bothered with them. It’s almost time for sweetango season and I’m so excited for that. This is the first time I won’t be working in produce for apple season in 7 years and I’m honestly so sad I’m missing it.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'd be worried they're laced with molly, like everything else at a rave

coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah that’d be terrifying to accidentally be flooded with the overwhelming feeling of pure bliss

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. Kiana

I bought this quinoa bread from the farmers market and omg its so good. I made a chicken salad type thing but with slightly mashed chickpeas instead of chicken and vegan mayo and walnuts and apples and cranberry and other random things and it was p good actually

24. CobraKidJon

I wanted to go to the farmers market next week and I asked a friend to join me and they got all confused on why I would even want to go and I am like idk???? foood i guess.

25. Kiana

I love the farmer's market. It's right outside of my apt so that's nice and I would rather buy produce from local farms anyway. It's usually cheaper too. And they usually have someone playing music and kids are being all cute and running around and playing and it enhances business at the local restaurants near the market so it's just v nice all around. Plus WIC gives vouchers for it so it's pretty accessible and just a v nice program and I might be a lil emotional because the former president of the farmers market board just passed away and she was lovely but ANYWAY shopping local is good.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.