Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1101

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Nice, enjoy!

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Y'all we just got the pho place below my apartment and now they're opening a gourmet burger and beer place across the street how did I get so #blessed?? They're doing the grassfed and veggie options and I'm hyped. We're slowly but steadily getting some interesting local restaurants thank gaaaawd

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

they're trying to catch up to your fanciness

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I really wish my town had like awesome local places to go to but everything cool is in fresno and that isn't worth the driveeee.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's about time!! Any ounce of Portland-esque they can bring to this town is only a benefit! Even tho people complain about the pretentiousness like sorry some ppl like good food and variety!!

Also omg it's snowing super hard rn! I don't think I've ever seen it snow this late. It's usually nov-jan!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

I can get behind this content

Ken and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and angrycandy like this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Noooo! It sounded amazing, was hoping to see your creation

10. Ken Feb 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2018)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I tried to take a short video of the plating but I screwed it up haha. It worked very well though and then I made a similar dish with shrimp Sunday night.

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

@SEANoftheDEAD
    IMG_2637.JPG
    Here's shrimp en papillote before going into the oven. Shiitakes, red pepper, carrot, broccolini, habanero, lemon, 1/4 tbsp butter, shrimp, thyme, dill, tbsp of white wine, tbsp of clam broth, tsp of anchovy paste.

SEANoftheDEAD and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

^^GAHHHHHHHHHHHH

SEANoftheDEAD and Ken like this.
  13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Barely. That looks delicious, I almost fainted.

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

whoaaaaa that looks amazing. So you basically combine all of those ingredients, pop it in the oven and then it comes out pretty damn magical?

Ken likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Basically. Take some parchment paper that's twice as wide as your plate, fold it in half, and then cut a circle with the fold being the middle. Open up the parchment paper and then layer your ingredients, drizzle with any wine or broth or stock that you're using, then fold the parchment paper back over top and crimp the edges until they're tight and no air can escape. Pop them on a sheet tray for 10-15 minutes, depending on what you're cooking, at 400* and then let your guest cut through the paper when they're ready to eat. I served it with some ciabatta rolls. The steam cooks everything and all the flavor is kept inside the packet in a sauce that forms on the bottom as the butter melts and the ingredients cook and release their liquid. It's very fresh and very flavorful. Basically no fat or carbs as well, unless you use your bread to soak up the sauce at the bottom. Which you should. The whole process is all prep and really easy. The most difficult part is forming a tight seal with the parchment paper, but a little egg white wash can help with that.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Man that sounds great. I've never even heard of it before you mentioned it, but I'll definitely be attempting it soon. Sounds pretty easy and def rewarding.

Ken likes this.
  18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

19. CobraKidJon

real talk my work recently had this new supplier for navel oranges and I tried them.

They were so good that I had to buy like 6 pounds.(we were doing a 2 pounds for $1)

They were super juicy and have some serious sweetness to them.

The next batch we got were from a different supplier and they were eh :(

20. CobraKidJon

BURGER DAY

21. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ive been enjoying the burger show. I wanna make all 3 of those burgers they made on last week's ep.

22. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I have become obsessed with making ramen...

[​IMG]

coleslawed, Kiana, ChiliTacos and 4 others like this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This looks awesome! Are you making your own broth too?

aspeedomodel likes this.
  24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ken likes this.
  25. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yup! It makes a huge difference.

Ken likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.