Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.

Food Dominance: Quarterfinals (Read rules) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Shrek, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Shrek

leave the loop, walk the maze Prestigious

Most people only eat maki. People give me eyes when we "order sushi" and I request sashimi.

coleslawed, Bloodsucker II and Ken like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

mangeur de cul Prestigious

For the same reason we distinguish pizza from Italian. Yes, sushi consists of raw fish, so literally it is food that comes from the sea. However, when people say "seafood" they are 99% of the time referring to things like crab, lobster, shrimp and dishes with cooked fish, stuff like that. If someone said, "let's get seafood" and you took them to a sushi restaurant they would be disappointed because that's 100% not what they meant.

3. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

True. Most people do eat those rolls with a billion things on and in them. Nigiri and sashimi are where it's at.

But at the end of the day, it's still all seafood. I don't say I'm not eating seafood because it's tuna tartare or seared halibut or a nicoise salad.

coleslawed and electro haikus like this.
  4. Shrek

Also maki is usually more avocado, rice, and veggies than fish. It would be like calling a sandwich "meat".

Ken likes this.
  5. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Ugh. We've already covered this. All sushi is seafood but not all seafood is sushi. If you're in the mood for seafood or fish, then sushi is 100% an option. This is the equivalent of saying a hot dog isn't a sandwich.

coleslawed and electro haikus like this.
  6. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

That's true, but you need the fish in there to make it maki. You can have plain rolls with just fish and rice, but I digress.

electro haikus likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

I agree 100% on a literal level. I just think that socially "seafood" has a pretty specific meaning.

electro haikus and Ken like this.
  8. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Fair enough haha. I know I've personally said to people "I could go for seafood tonight" and if someone says "that sounds good, how about sushi?" I'm like, "fuck yeah!" and then we eat fish together.

9. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

I will give you that it's unfair that seafood is its own category when it's an entire food group.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  10. Shrek

Goddammit Ken make a seafood poll so your soul can rest

coleslawed, Bloodsucker II and Ken like this.
  11. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Supporter

I don't care what they call the sushi, I'm gonna eat it

13. Shrek

Fuck your fucking pizza.

IMG_7681.JPG

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Supporter

I cannot wait to get some tomorrow. Fuck

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

c'mon man........you know what i meant

Dirty Sanchez and Ken like this.
  16. LightWithoutHeat

Doomed to Live

I hate that this quest has pitted pizza against sushi. I love both equally. It was like trying to choose between my future olympian children. There's room in the backyard training gauntlet for both, ya know?

Ken likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

only one can win the gold tho, it's been a long time coming

18. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

Eating sushi rn in remembrance of our fallen brethren

Ken, Joe4th and coleslawed like this.
  20. Shrek

Garrett L. and Ken like this.
  21. Shrek

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.