Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food 2: Chew Harder • Page 46

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Oct 25, 2020.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I prefer Shake Shack burgers and shakes. I actually like the In-N-Out fries better.

bigmike likes this.
  2. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Kind of apples to oranges when one place is double the price of the other.

Ken and coleslawed like this.
  3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

and the burgers are half the size.

4. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

It's more like apples to slightly tastier apples. It's just my preference, not a ranking.

Daniel likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

What's everyone's go-to, nothing fancy sandwich?

Black forest ham, cheese and mayo is a staple for me. If I wanna get fancy about it I'll throw on some pickles and maybe even lettuce if I have it. Was always the sandwich I'd bring to school growing up.

6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

My go to these days is ovengold turkey (boar's head or gtfo for deli meat) w/ cheddar or prov (2 slices), LTO if I have them, excessive mayo and a dash of some smokey hot sauce. On a tomato wrap or Pepperidge Farm multigrain slices. Basically would eat the same sandwich weekly growing up minus the hot sauce and veggies.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t get a good pic but I made some swordfish al pastor tacos tonight and they were real good

Ken, bigmike, theagentcoma and 2 others like this.
  9. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I'm listening.

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Got it from a cookbook I got for Christmas, I’ll post the recipe tomorrow if you’d like

Daniel likes this.
  11. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Yeah drop the recipe, sounds bomb.

12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My favorite food cart in the lil pod by my house has been closed lately and idk why. No sign or anything! If they're closed forever I'll fall over and die. If they're not, hang a sign and give a sis an explanation!!

Cameron likes this.
  13. marissalg

Trusted

been eating as many tacos as I can get in Austin while I can. some of my favorites so far: Al pastor, carnitas, barbocoa, brisket AE97E052-DB78-482B-BED1-7E1DC89D3409.jpeg 54CB11E7-B4AB-48F5-8460-68D142566B56.jpeg

coleslawed, Joe, Ken and 5 others like this.
  14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

A solid carnitas taco is very hard to beat. Maybe my favorite. Barbacoa is close though.

coleslawed, Ken, bigmike and 3 others like this.
  15. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

LA goes through taco meat trends every 5 years or so, Al Pastor just ended and we're firmly in the Birria era. One good thing is al pastor is now nearly ubiquitous and there's a stand with a trompo on every other corner here in Long Beach. Absolutely my favorite, but you gotta make sure it's shaved off the rotisserie with a little slice of pineapple, the kind cooked on a flat top just doesn't hit the same.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

Birria tacos are fantastic though.

17. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Yeah they are, hard to beat a birria quesotaco. This truck parks at the end of my street and it's the best I've ever had.

Screenshot_20230220-164300.png

coleslawed, Fletchaaa, Joe and 4 others like this.
  18. imthegrimace

can you overnight me some cause holy shit

19. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Sure thing...

Oh no, the mailman freakin ate the whole box, isn't that a federal offense or something?

Ken, JoshIsMediocre and imthesheriff like this.
  20. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

This risotto was banging. Topped with prosciutto, scallions, and parm

20230222_200829.jpg

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I've never had risotto but that indeed looks banging and now I'm hungry

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  22. imthegrimace

Risotto is so damn good. That looks amazing.

23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

yes, go try risotto immediately, so so good. and so may variations of it that can be made. i'm particularly fond of butternut squash risotto with a piece of crispy skin salmon

24. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I made my first pan sauce last night w/ some pan fried chicken and I'm now obsessed since its so easy and the results are super flavorful. Only problem is I'm cooking with a non-stick ceramic saute pan which isnt the best for this type of cooking. I definitely need a a stainless steel skillet to get a nice fond on the pan. Anyone have some recs for a decent 12" stainless pan around or less than $100? Only brand I know thats considered to be really good is All Clad

Ken and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  25. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I have the stainless set from Misen and I've been pretty happy with them. You can get a 10" and 12" together for about that price. They're a little heavy but not too bad, and I tend to always get the sticky oily residue on them after I use them but a good scrub with barkeeper's friend get's it off and looking like new

https://misen.com/products/stainless-skillet-sale?variant=40033840234577

mattav152, Ken, bigmike and 1 other person like this.