Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food 2: Chew Harder • Page 45

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Oct 25, 2020.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I pre-ordered some Chinese for tonight and am very excited.

2. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I got a glass casserole dish and a handheld mixer for Christmas

chewbacca110, Daniel, bigmike and 2 others like this.
  3. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

The majority of my friend group was sick, so ended up staying in New Years Eve and spending the day cooking Xiao long bao (Chinese soup dumping's). One of my favorite things I've ever had at Din Tai Fung (been to the Shanghai location and Vegas), and decided to have a go at them. Everything was from scratch (broth/aspic, filling, dumpling dough). Turned out really well but as my biggest critic, still a few things I'd improve though (a bit more salt, making sure more 'soup' got in each dumpling, and a higher fat content in the meat mix).

They really weren't all that difficult, just time consuming. Broth took about 6 hours from boiling to gel, I ground my own meat, and then the dumpling dough took about 45 minutes. But filling them... man! Need to get quicker at that (or solicit helpers) to make them again,

The sauce was just rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, some chili crisp, and some zested ginger. Overall, a successful meal and my wife loved them and I made them as much for her as for me.

IMG-20221231-WA0015.jpg IMG-20221231-WA0012.jpg IMG-20221231-WA0011.jpg IMG-20221231-WA0010.jpg IMG-20221231-WA0016.jpg

4. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Those look awesome!

Ken, imthesheriff and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  5. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Finally tried steak tartare and bone marrow, but at the same time. Holy shit, it was good.

PXL_20230101_043156263~2.jpg

6. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

I’m happy for you but disgusted looking at it

7. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

B36E87F6-D622-40BD-BFDF-5EB9C8CAD011.jpeg

I had burrata for the first time in my life and goodness have I been missing out, so delicious.

this was a $19 salad at Gordon Ramsay’s Pub & Grill, but you know what, worth it.

waking season, Matt, Ken and 7 others like this.
  8. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Burrata is a godsend.

I love just throwing a little salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic on one and spreading it on some crusty bread.

imthesheriff likes this.
  9. marissalg

Trusted

My aldi has had individually packed burrata for $2.80 for the last month if anyone wants cheap burrata.

alina and imthesheriff like this.
  10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yet they still haven't opened one in OKC.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

E30A9225-FFDF-4039-9042-A278A7C61BFB.jpeg

Cameron, Joe, coleslawed and 12 others like this.
  12. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Made some stew

Screenshot_20230115_200031_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20230115_195845_041.jpg

13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Forgot to take a pic but yesterday i had chicken strips with spicy bbq sauce and a side of poutine and I was in heaven

14. marissalg

Trusted

just tried freshly made cereal for the first time and it’s so much better than what you get at the store that’s sat in a warehouse for months and unfortunately is the only way I want to each cereal now.

Orla, Ken, bigmike and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cameron Jan 20, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2023)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Forgot to post this. My wife absolutely snapped that night. She made slow roasted beef, glazed carrots, steamed broccoli and baked potato. Can’t convey to you how moist and delicious the beef was:

043FCEBF-7FB4-4ECE-9092-1EA28BA05020.jpeg

Ken, imthesheriff, Joe and 4 others like this.
  16. marissalg

Trusted

gonna be in Austin for a few days, would love some food recs!

17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

headed to Vegas for a couple days in a few weeks, any recommendations for quick spots to eat?

18. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Roy Choi's Best Friend in Park MGM and Momofuku in Cosmo.

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

These are the places I'm interested in going to the most:

Vetri (best Italian chef in the country?)
    In-N-Out (you're from the east coast duh)
    Bazaar Meat (Andrés)
    Bouchon (Keller)
    Bardot (Mina)
    Cut or Spago (Puck)

Definitely skip Carbone

Bouchon and Vetri would be my top choices. I've never been to any of these restaurants lol, but I have dined at Keller's Surf Club and also Vetri's Fiorella and both are 25/10.

20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Ken I said quick spots. I'm planning on only wearing gym shorts and crocs the whole time I'm there and now it looks like I'll need to pack some normal clothes and may be having dinner for 1 at one of those places

21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

In that case Best Friend would be perfect. Last time we went Portugal. The Man was sitting at the next table.

Ken and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  22. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

That place was definitely on my list and I'm trying to decide between that and In-n-Out for where to go when I land

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Oops, my brain skipped right over that.

I did mention in-n-out though

24. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Someday I will make it to Vegas just for the food options and those all sound amazing. But this trip is not one of those trips

Ken likes this.
  25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

In-n-out is okay. Had it for the first time but comfortably the 3rd or 4th best burger chain and I will not be checking my mentions