Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food 2: Chew Harder • Page 22

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Oct 25, 2020.

1. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Open Thursday through Sunday :sly:

Ken likes this.
  2. Daniel May 18, 2022
    (Last edited: May 19, 2022)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

3. marissalg

Trusted

i wish I could get ramen like this at home but I’ll take it when I can get it 135E62C4-EB33-4D1F-A930-056ACCFC8FA8.jpeg

4. CF974979-EC0E-4836-9F59-D109503080A8.jpeg

might just go on the hunt for the best breakfast burrito in LA after having this lovely thing

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

BA255F96-6040-48AA-9A06-4E1D14CC92C5.jpeg D2E7468F-F28D-46A4-9380-DDE0365124C5.jpeg FC8C23F1-88D4-42D4-B9C9-662E4AD9E781.jpeg CA3D9323-F6CD-4A28-BB6C-F31459491CCE.jpeg Was in Miami this weekend and had some excellent food.

Ken, coleslawed, imthesheriff and 7 others like this.
  6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Some excellent rolls where the butter was melted for us

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I make chili all the time idk what I was waiting for

20220524_185528.jpg

bigmike, waking season, Joe and 5 others like this.
  9. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Made some steak, potatoes, and asparagus

20220613_193933.jpg

DrAlanGrant, theagentcoma and bigmike like this.
  10. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Jesus what am I doing? Does anybody even want this? I haven't posted a review since 2019! Luckily nothing at all of note has happened in my absence. Why in the world did I write this? This item isn't even on the menu anymore. This is like over a year too late. This is a sequel that nobody wanted to a franchise that died so long ago.

Sigh.

Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Chicken Sandwich - The Review

I will preface this by saying that I know almost nothing about Megan Thee Stallion other than that one time she was in a song that made Ben Shapiro so uncomfortable he admitted to having never aroused his wife. There will be absolutely no WAP jokes in this review, it's low hanging fruit.

In the like 6 of these I've written I can never remember the format so....

What it Is: Look, the only difference I can discern between this sandwich and the regular Popeye's chicken sandwich is the addition of the "Hottie Sauce" and the fact that if you want to order it you have to say "I would like the Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Chicken Sandwich" because Popeye's does that thing where they don't assign their specials menu numbers. Burger King at least has the decency to give their specials combo numbers so that I don't have to lean out the window of my car and try to whisper "I would like the Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Chicken Sandwich" into the drive-thru speaker loud enough for the employee to hear but not loud enough for the person in the car behind me to hear, because no matter how many of these I do I still feel a particular brand of shame ordering a novelty chicken sandwich and for some reason I cannot say "thee" without sounding like a douche. Also, do I refer to it as "Thee Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Chicken Sandwich" to keep my articles consistent or is it "The Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Chicken Sandwich"?

Taste: The internet tells me that the "Hottie" sauce is made with a base of "honey, cider vinegar, and Aleppo pepper." The internet also tells me that there were plans for Popeye's and Megan Thee Stallion merch "including bikinis, hats, and even plushie toys for pets." So, like I don't know if I believe in anything anymore. Oh right, the taste. I mean if I'm honest this was like bad sweet and sour sauce which is redundant. I understand what they are going for here, I think, but like this shit was cloying and artificial. Like really sweet plastic. You know when you leave stuff in tupperware and it kinda like sinks into the fabric of the plastics very being? Like imagine if you were storing maple syrup in tupperware and the plastic got all discolored and then you took that discolored plastic and melted it into sauce. That's what it tasted like. I mean there was probably vinegar in there and some sort of chili, but none of that was discernible.

Consistency: Runny as fuck.

Color: Alarming. Also, it stained the shit out of the upholstery in my car as soon as it was unwrapped (see note about consistency above).

Intangibles: I guess I appreciate that this celebrity collaboration is at least an attempt to do something different. I cannot for the life of me understand these McDonald's celebrity meals. Like why the fuck do I care if Post Malone orders 14 Filet'o'Fishs and then mixes them into an Oreo McFlurry? Unless you offer a new choice I'm not going to change what I order at McDonald's just because 10 Korean men with really nice hair like to order a McChicken and share it amongst themselves with two dipping sauces. Good for Popeye's and apparently letting Megan Thee Stallion come in and mix up ingredients in some corporate kitchen. There's at least a modicum of effort there.

I'm mostly sad I missed out on my opportunity to purchase some of this sweet merch: [​IMG]
    I didn't know until I saw it that I needed a Popeyes x Megan Thee Stallion thermal cup to drink my coffee out of at my job as a high school counselor. The kids will think I'm real cool and down with youth culture.

Rating: Look, the "Hottie" sauce actively made the sandwich worse but it was still fine so, like, I don't know. 3 out 5.

This Review: Years of inactivity have made this actively worse. Also, I don't even know if the same people from 2019 even participate in the Food thread anymore so this might go over even more poorly because it will have no context. Maybe I was not meant for Food 2 and should remain closed like the original Food thread. (Food)2(: Chew Harder) out of 5 stars. Nostalgia can't carry the franchise any longer. Should have waited longer and just called this a full reboot and gotten somebody else to write this.

11. i agree that these celeb meals are mostly pointless but you’re out of pocket going after the BTS one because both those sauces were very good and i miss them

coleslawed and Justice Beaver like this.
  12. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Honestly I had no idea that the sauces were new. And that I’m fine with. Especially since McDonald’s, out of the big franchises, rarely introduces new items. So good for them.

And look! You can by them on eBay and it’s only 20 dollars!

BTS McDonald's Sweet Chili Cajun Sauce | eBay

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  13. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

14. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

We're all still here!!! Just not as much as before. Glad to see you back and a wonderful review

Ken, coleslawed and Justice Beaver like this.
  15. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

16. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Hell, I'd settle for @oldjersey at this point.

Ken, theagentcoma and coleslawed like this.
  17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

i'll post a roundup of what I ate in Bar Harbor/Portland last week when I have a moment

Ken likes this.
  18. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Yessssssss, this is the spirit we need Matt.

Ken and Matt like this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Holy shit Beav I had no idea you've been at it still.

Ken, coleslawed and Justice Beaver like this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’ve had a massively stupid addiction to eating out since stuff has “opened back up” around here and am trying to kick it lol. i haven’t cooked in a while. hopefully soon.

21. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

[​IMG]

Ken likes this.
  22. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

I took like a three year hiatus and came back with a shitty review of a sandwich that hasn't been on the market for at least a year and nobody was even here to see it.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

V on brand for you

24. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

I am nothing if not consistent in my shittiness.

Ken and oldjersey like this.
  25. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Yo, Nick @BlueEyesBrewing if I'm on the north shore of Mass, how close am I to being able to get your beer?

Ken and BlueEyesBrewing like this.