Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food 2: Chew Harder • Page 21

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Oct 25, 2020.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Overnight me one

Daniel likes this.
  2. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I was feeling ambitious so I got tostadas with the tacos this time, just as good!

20220421_190420.jpg 20220421_190423.jpg

3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I fkin love tostadas

Ken and coleslawed like this.
  4. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

Is dining at The Melting Pot as annoying and convoluted as it seems? I'm going for the first time tonight and not super excited about it

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what?

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  6. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I went to The Melting Pot last summer in Minneapolis and it was awesome. It's very simple to follow and I'm an idiot.

7. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

All of the food was good but I was a little frustrated trying to manage multiple cooking timers for shrimp, pork, beef & chicken. Not sure I'd go again but it was fun enough.

8. Another photo dump. Spent a few days at Disneyland. It was all overpriced but mostly pretty good.

Battered and fried Monte Cristo. Sliced Turkey, Ham, and Swiss cheese w/ parmesan garlic fries. Condiments were Cajun-spiced remoulade and some honey thing.
    EC710AB2-4A40-4A72-9894-49E82E4A2A83.jpeg

North African roasted organic chicken breast w/ turmeric rice & spicy harissa.
    ECB29A13-C4FA-4C29-9EB1-9DD5C2838BBF.jpeg

Elote pretzel. It’s corn, cotija, radish, cilantro, peppers, and crema all thrown onto a pretzel lol. The chicken sandwich was Ant-Man-themed, so it’s a giant piece of fried chicken between slider-sized buns.
    EFBC453D-C086-4EDB-A34D-4F3193EF40F8.jpeg

Braised lamb porcini fettuccine w/ truffle butter, asparagus, and rich lamb jus.
    892DE743-8B41-41E8-8F0C-1FDC299B02F6.jpeg

Eaten with the meal above. Cheddar Parker House Rolls w/ Calabrian Chili-Pine nut Romesco.
    DD861D61-9F0B-4022-9D3E-352D1E32D74A.jpeg

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Well got damn

10. Carmen SD

Trusted

Ok so the presentation sucks, but I made “creamy Mediterranean chicken” over noodles instead of rice
    67C1ECD8-A1E6-4D22-95F9-061EF32AB6A8.jpeg

Fletchaaa, Joe, theagentcoma and 2 others like this.
  11. marissalg

Trusted

gonna be following a friend to NY for a work trip in a few weeks and would love some restaurant recs! We’re staying in Manhattan but I have a day to bop around by myself while she works and would love some good dumplings.

12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

A3A30AC3-5CC0-4083-B5BC-F594EFEB1CBA.jpeg

Fried catfish

Ken, theagentcoma, Matt and 4 others like this.
  13. Matt May 17, 2022
    (Last edited: May 17, 2022)
    Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Going to Bar Harbor in a few weeks for part of our honeymoon (!!!), haven't been in over a decade but my family used to vacation there every summer. Looking for some recommendations for food/drink/etc. So far we've decided on Havana, the menu there looks great.

When I searched Chorus for "bar harbor", @Ken 's name popped up the most lol

Our only limitation is that we are there Mon - Thurs, so we can't do any restaurants closed in the beginning half of the week

14. imthegrimace

My mom got this cool hat from there, can you get me one? Thanks.

Ken and Matt like this.
  15. Ken May 18, 2022
    (Last edited: May 18, 2022)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Havana looks great although I have not been there. Salt & Steel -- same thing.

One of my favorite places on earth. I typically stay in N.E. Harbor, but I think the Bar Harbor Villager is a steal if staying in Bar Harbor.

The Burning Tree - 100% go go go go go go go go. Best restaurant in Bar Harbor.

Jordan Pond House - a tourist mad house, but worth the wait. the best lobster stew you'll ever have and popovers with house jam are unreal. so is the lemonade. Nice to stop here for a bite after doing the loop hike around Jordan Pond or the Bubbles.

The Docksider - technically in N.E. Harbor, but it's a great "shack" to have a lobster dinner for not very much money. When I was there 5 or so years ago, I had a meal with steamed mussels, clam chowder, steamed lobster, french fries, and blueberry pie with blueberry ice cream and it was only around $30.

Northeast Harbor is a really cool little town with a lot of great little shops in a very condensed area. There's a great bakery (colonel's deli) there and also a really awesome coffee shop with wonderful sandwiches (123 main street) what you could take with you before going on a hike in the park.

Speaking of blueberries, go to Jordan's restaurant and get some blueberry pancakes.

If you have the opportunity, take a boat to little cranberry island, explore the island a bit, and grab a bite to eat here: https://www.islesforddock.com/ It's not the best restaurant, but the experience is great. Nice little art gallery next door too.

I also recommend https://www.lighthouseinnandrestaurant.com/ for dinner. Always a unique menu.

The food at the Asticou Hotel is very good and also it's absolutely beautiful there. Lunch or Dinner. I believe they have the same lobster stew as the Jordan Pond House and without the crazy wait. Worth going to.

Be sure to check out the Asticou Azalea gardens. Altantic Brewing Company. Some places will put fresh Maine blueberries (better than the NJ berries >>>>>>>>>>>) in their blueberry ale, which is the best blueberry beer out there imo.

I would avoid Blaze as I've never had a good experience there. Also avoid Stewman's Lobster Pound. Jalapeno's Cantina isn't very good, but they have some good house-infused tequila.

Okay, I think that's enough as I could just keep going lol. Happy to recommend hikes, hotels... anything really.

16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Was it this hat?

17. imthegrimace

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  18. imthegrimace

@Ken I’m driving to Philly on Sunday. What’s your address I’ll stop on the way. Please have your top 4 dishes cooked and ready for us. Thank you.

Justice Beaver, coleslawed and Ken like this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

800 Commons Dr, Parkesburg, PA 19365

What time should I expect you?

Justice Beaver likes this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Thanks friend, this is super helpful.

We booked the ~Summer Cottage~ at the Inn At Bay Ledge so only a short drive to downtown.

The only restaurant I remember going to as a kid is the Route 66 Cafe, where I ate a red hot dog.

Ken likes this.
  21. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

great, now I want to go to Bar Harbor. especially this weekend now that it's supposed to be like 100 degrees out

waking season and Ken like this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

me too.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  23. imthegrimace

hmm you live in an arby’s, interesting. and probably around 4.

24. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I need to eat fancy food in Bar Harbor

coleslawed, BlueEyesBrewing and Ken like this.
  25. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Oh the burning tree has whole fish @Matt

Ken likes this.