Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's crazy that QOTSA and Foo Fighters both went for big time pop producers.

Also, I never thought I'd see the day whenever Foo Fighters and The Bird and The Bee would collide. But I think they needed someone new behind the boards. With SH, it was pretty clear that Butch Vig wasn't challenging them.

JRGComedy, morken and beachdude42 like this.
  2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Heck yep, my ears are ready for more Foos

3. The artwork is boring but I'm definitely interested in the album after hearing that new song.

JM95 likes this.
  4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

'Run' was just awesome.... same with the video...

5. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Praying for a Boston date. They seem to be avoiding the northeast, so hoping more dates are added soon.

6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I saw no New England, and hoped the same

7. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

; )

Onlyadirector likes this.
  8. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

As much as I love Butch Vig, I'm glad they went in a completely different direction for this record. "Run" sounds more unique than anything they've made with Butch the last 5-6 years. There's also a vibe to the two other new songs that feels new.

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh my god that festival lineup. I was supposed to move out of LA on 9/25, but seriously gonna have to postpone that now.
    Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Liam Gallagher, Royal Blood, Cage the Elephant...oh boy.

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Sounds nice.

11. shea

RIP Supporter

Also hoping for more dates, although given the southeastern dates already posted, it's not looking good for Atlanta..lame.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

no nyc date....there has to be another leg of this announced soon.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also, I feel like the reason they're doing this Cal Jam fest so soon before the tour starts is because they're locked in to headline Coachella 2018. Calling it now.

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  14. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

There's a couple big gaps in those dates. I'm hoping we don't have to wait until 2018 for northeast dates

15. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah those fall dates are definitely b markets.

Excited for this record though and digging the change in direction producer-wise. Run was a promising start

16. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Both albums were already at the top of my most anticipated, but these choices in producers have only made me more excited. Some QOTSA fans seem a little disappointed with the new song, but I haven't been able to get it out of my head since I heard it. And if Run is any indication, the new Foo album will benefit from fresh ears in the studio as well.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Agreed on both counts. I didn't like "Like Clockwork" as much as Queens' other stuff. So this is a welcome change. Same with Foos.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. inwaves

Clockwork took a while to grow on me but it's one of my favorites now. I do miss the days of the desert rock riffs found on S/t and Songs for the Deaf, but I think they're just such great songwriters at this point and can wonderfully pull off all kinds of different styles, so I don't want a regression by any means.

19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I've been on such a FF kick lately. I saw them play Firefly in 2013, and honestly, it was probably the best show I've ever seen.

beachdude42, inwaves and JM95 like this.
  20. inwaves

I'm going to try to see them this fall. They've been on my concert bucket list for so long.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

You will absolutely not regret it. They're one of the only bands I've seen who're able to make a huge show feel intimate. Dave's stage presence is that good.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've seen them three times and each one has been a unique and fun show. Incredible how they can make 25,000 people feel like just a few.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Is there still no leak on the special guest from the vinyl....?

24. JM95

Trusted

Watching the live Glastonbury stream has reminded how frustrating Dave's live spiel can be. Doesn't seem to care that rambling on between every song and then extending every intro and outro so a song lasts ten minutes instead of four means we hear less bangers, especially if they play something that's not from one of their good albums.

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

waiting for the guest.....