Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Ehhhh. ESP&G has some duds like "Stranger Things Have Happened."

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Run is incredible!! Way more aggressive than I was expecting even after reading a lot of comments about it. Really hoping a whole album is coming soon that's in this vein.

inwaves likes this.
  3. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

the video is pretty excellent.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Screw It

TCATS > TINLTL > FF > WL > ESP&G > IYH > OBO > SH

5. DesolateEarth Jun 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2017)
    DesolateEarth

Birb

TINLTL
    TCATS
    WL
    ^ all 3 of these are varying degrees of fantastic
    OBO
    FF
    IYH Disc 1
    ^ all varying degrees of solid, with maybe one or 2 misses
    SH
    St. C
    ^ Both a step down in quality with good songs here and there
    ESP&G
    ^ not huge on much of this. Some good songs though like "Pretender"
    IYH Disc 2
    ^never listen to this. Too slow for me.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

TCATS
    FF
    TINLTL
    WL
    ESP&G
    IYH
    OBO
    SH

inwaves likes this.
  7. inwaves

"Good Grief" is truly an underrated song. I wish they still played it.

Ryan Garner and Onlyadirector like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

What a sweeeeeeet song and video.

9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

TCATS > Wasting Light > IYH Disc 2 (I absolutely adore this album) > IYH Disc 1 > FF = TINLTL = OBO = ESPG > > > > > > > > SH

10. JM95

Trusted

I think:

TCATS
    TINLTL
    WL
    FF
    ESPG
    OBO
    IYH
    SH

inwaves likes this.
  11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Wasting Light
    Colour & Shape
    Echoes
    In Your Honour
    Nothing Left to Lose
    S/T
    One By One
    Sonic Highways

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The love for wasting light is awesome. That album rejuvenated my love for this band.

cubsml34, RJ Knorr, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wasting Light
    Colour & Shape
    S/T
    One by One
    Nothing Left to Lose
    Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
    In Your Honor

Never really listened to Sonic Highways, which is odd because I loved Wasting Light so much.

inwaves likes this.
  14. inwaves

The show is fantastic, and it really enhances the songs. I like the album as a companion to the show, but it's not something I go to often when I want to listen to the Foos. "Something From Nothing" and "Outside" are great songs though.

15. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

TINLTL will always be my favorite of theirs. I love that it was just Dave, Nate, and Taylor. I love the stripped down sound. It worked surprisingly well for them there. Easily their most consistently good record for me.

If I was gonna rank them all it would probably go:

TINLTL
    Wasting Light (Only thing I don't care much for is Walk but I'm just jaded on it.)
    Colour & Shape (Some of their best stuff but also a couple duds imo. The title track b-side rips hard too)
    ESPG (They really killed it with the huge build up throughout, but the acoustic/slower tracks are meh)
    S/T (Never stuck with me the way I hoped it would but still a great foundation for their sound)
    In Your Honor (I only really care about half full band side. The acoustic side mostly does nothing for me.)
    One By One (I really only enjoy the singles. deep cuts here are forgettable)
    Sonic Highways (cool experiment with a lackluster result. Works way better in context of the show.)

16. inwaves

TINLTL is so damn solid. The non-singles like Aurora, Gimme Stitches, Live-In Skin, and Headwires are some of their best.

DesolateEarth, Zilla and mattav152 like this.
  17. JM95

Trusted

Thinking about it, I'd actually have TCATS and TINLTL tied for first place.

Aurora alone puts it in that bracket.

inwaves likes this.
  18. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

S/T is their best album in my opinion. The B-Sides to that album are great too. Winnebago definitely could have made that record.

19. DesolateEarth

Birb

I can see why One By One is seen unfavorably but I still really enjoyed it. The first four tracks are the definite standouts, but I find a lot of the back half fairly solid still. The only track I ever find myself skipping is "Tired Of You", which is a definite dud and kills the momentum of the record up to that point.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Whoa, Tired of You is one of my favorites. Come Back is a KILLER closer

DesolateEarth likes this.
  21. DesolateEarth

Birb

Totally agree with you about "Come Back". That riff at the end of the song is huge.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

"Come Back" is great, but I think "Disenchanted Lullaby" and "Burn Away" are two of the band's worst songs and a lot of it is just mediocre after the first four songs.

23. inwaves

I need to revisit One By One as it's been a while since I listened to it in full. It was my first Foo album so it is pretty special to me even if it's my least favorite overall besides Sonic Highways. Definitely can't argue against the first four songs being great jams. Come Back is a hell of a closer too. Has anyone listened to the "Million Dollar Demos"? I haven't really besides Have It All.

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The Million Dollar Demos are great, if only for their rawness. The production of OBO was horrible.

25. inwaves

The whole album is out there now, right? I know a few years ago I could only find a couple of songs and snippets of others.