Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 29, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Just realized there wasn't a thread for these guys. Still one of my all time favorites, and I really liked the Saint Cecilia EP.

beachdude42 and bd007h like this.
  2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Been a fan since day one, since I was a really big Nirvana fan as a kid when Dave formed the band. I'll Stick Around was the first song I heard back in 1995. Still like their earlier albums the best but Wasting Light was fantastic too.

The album Sonic Highways was kinda disappointing but the TV series was fantastic.

dilleo, beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  3. dilleo

Regular

I dont think I have heard that EP yet.. But The Colour and the Shape is one of my favourite albums ever and most of their material I love.. Also, when I saw them live like 4 or 5 years ago, that was pretty amazing!

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. DesolateEarth

Birb

There Is Nothing Left To Lose is my favorite. They have yet to put out an album that I didn't enjoy on some level.

dilleo, bd007h, inwaves and 1 other person like this.
  5. inwaves

I think The Colour and the Shape will always be my favorite, but There is Nothing Left to Lose is not far behind. I just love how melodic that record is. "Aurora" is one of their best songs.

JM95, dilleo, bd007h and 1 other person like this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Got to see them play Aurora live last fall.

truelovewaits and inwaves like this.
  7. inwaves

Ready for their "break" to end. Saint Cecilia was so good. Kinda hope they don't use a concept on the next one.

cubsml34 likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've never really been a big fan of these guys, but I recently listened to The Colour and The Shape for the first time and am super impressed & into it

9. inwaves

That one, There is Nothing Left to Lose, and Wasting Light are the strongest Foo albums, in my opinion. TCATS is one those albums I can listen to anytime, regardless of mood.

bd007h, JRGComedy and beachdude42 like this.
  10. beachdude Oct 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 31, 2016)
    beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I agree with your strongest album picks... TCATS is pretty easily the strongest imo

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm gonna have to check out those two next at least, thanks for the direction

bd007h and inwaves like this.
  12. inwaves

Agreed. I love that it's like a concept album going through the breakup process. The first lyric of the record is "In all of the time we've shared, I've never been so scared" and the last song ends with a triumphant "I'm not scared!" So good.
    No problem, hope you enjoy! If you dig those, I'd hit up Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace. I think it's really strong. Also, you should watch the documentary Back and Forth. It's part career retrospective, part making of Wasting Light. One of my favorite music docs.

beachdude42, JRGComedy and irthesteve like this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah, I remember aurora.

14. beachdude

Seconding the Wasting Light rec... really great doc.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. bd007h

Self-Titled has some gems on it. My introduction to the Foos as an 8-going-on-9 year old obsessed with Nirvana back in 1995 hahaha

beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  16. inwaves

Good Grief is super underrated. Alone + Easy Target is so good too.

beachdude42 and bd007h like this.
  17. bd007h

Exhausted, Oh George, For All The Cows, X-Static

Whole album is solid.

beachdude42 and inwaves like this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've seen these guys three times, twice during the throne era. They always shake up the setlist just enough to make it worth it.

I've seen Alone/Easy Target , Weenie Beanie, Aurora, maybe a few others.

Rope is an underrated song.

beachdude42, Davjs and inwaves like this.
  19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

As much as I think Dave Grohl can be a cornball, Foos are definitely a "Greatest Hits" band for me. I don't listen to their albums that frequently, but they've got some killer songs. I'll also agree with whoever said Sonic Highways TV show>Album.

20. Davjs

Trusted

bd007h, beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  21. beachdude

Also agree with this... one of their best lead singles imo

bd007h and JRGComedy like this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

I think the singles off that album may all be my favorites. Burning Bridges and Walk are up there for me as well.

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Exhausted is and always will be my favorite Foo Fighters song. The Self Titled album is my favorite by far, but I really enjoy their newer stuff too. Wasting Light was great.

bd007h likes this.
  24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Me as well.

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. JM95

Trusted

My favourite Foo Fighters song other than Everlong.