Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 29, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Still debating going to this. I've seen the Foo Fighters on every album cycle since 1997 (minus There Is Nothing Left To Lose which I couldn't make). Their setlists never have any surprises and a good 1/3 of the show is taken up by unnecessary jamming, extending songs that don't to be extended and staged banter. If they're going to play for 3 hours, setlist should include at least 2-3 deep cuts.

3. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

don't care about The Struts but The Beaches are rad for TO

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The Foo Fighters always get awesome openers. The fact that Dinosaur Jr. and Speedy Ortiz are opening up the 7/22 date in Boston is making me really want to go to this.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

The Joy Formidable are cool and I need to cross Foo Fighters off my bucket list so...

6. jhog3411

I've been a fan since Colour and the Shape came out and have seen 5 times starting with the In Your Honor cycle. Totally done seeing them. Too much banter, too much screwing around (another Breakout jam!), very little setlist variation from tour to tour.

I was really hoping one of those Wasting Light gorilla like shows would come near me. They seemed to play many deep cuts on those shows. The best show was the acoustic tour where they did different variations of songs and dug deeper into the catalog.

It's to be expected, though, for a band this big. I've got to hand it to the likes of Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen. I love Damien Rice and all of his shows are so unique. Maybe these other bands have a bigger cult following compared to the Foos? Does that make sense? Like more average music lovers like Foo Fighters, but if you're a PJ fan, you're a freaking PJ fan and don't care if they skip a couple of hits. Wake me up when they ever play February Stars and Generator regularly.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah I think foo has a ton of fans, but not many die-hards

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel the exact same way, and have also seen them 5 times since the In Your Honor tour cycle. Haha.

What gets me (and I have the same issues with Green Day to an extent) is that if they would cut it with the fucking around/jams/extended versions they could fit in a solid 5-6 songs (maybe more?) per set and add a bit of variety to it.

I don't expect bands of their ilk to not play the hits, but throw in a curveball every now and again.

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

pearl jam fans are crazy as fuck pit tixs for both of their chicago shows are going for 1600 for saturday and almost 3k for monday

10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Green Day goes a bit overboard with those shenanigans but they switch it up at least somewhat. Foos, never.

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

I’ll be at both Chicago shows today and tomorrow

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Night one in Chicago was epic can’t wait for tomorrow night

Cgarnsay likes this.