Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters - Medicine at Midnight (February 5, 2021) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Nov 8, 2020.

1. bd007h Nov 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2020)
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I love Wheels. One of their most underrated songs probably

beachdude and JRGComedy like this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Tbh wouldn't have been mad if they went down that road a lil more

beachdude and bd007h like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

“Wheels” is great. Would love them to do an album of super Petty-inspired heartland rock. I know Shiflett loves that shit.

beachdude, bd007h and JRGComedy like this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i like word forward a good amount more than wheels

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

absolutely wild that In Your Honor is 20 songs long and "Skin and Bones" didn't get one of those spots somehow

6. BenSmith94

Trusted

I re-listened to there Is Nothing Left to Lose today and boy, had I forgot how damn good it is. Definitely jostling with The Colour and the Shape atop my Foo Fighters power rankings.

JM95, beachdude, Rowan5215 and 2 others like this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I kind of always consider them a singles band outside of TCATS and Wasting Light. They're always damn good singles though, and there's always at least a couple hidden gems

8. kyle Nov 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2020)
    I haven’t been into a full Foo Fighters album since the ‘90s. They’ve had some great songs since but I don’t think their albums are anything but boring.

Nick Jagger likes this.
  9. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Even though I haven't really cared for much off their past two records I'm still pretty excited for this one. I feel like they were really going through the motions on C&G and SH just feels like a Dave side project rather than an actual FF record. I want that energy they had during the Wasting Light cycle.

10. bd007h

I would include Self Titled and There Is Nothing Left To Lose. Both great albums as a whole.

beachdude, JM95 and Aaron Mook like this.
  11. abw123

Trusted

I would kill for another Wasting Light-caliber album.

chewbacca110 and bd007h like this.
  12. abw123

Trusted

For me, Self-Titled has always been a little overrated. It's, like, totally fine. I like the singles and a few other songs like For All The Cows. It's just a little more raw and unpolished than their albums that came after, and I think the songwriting got sharper overall on Colour and later.

BenSmith94 likes this.
  13. BenSmith94

Trusted

Yeah, the self-titled album is good, but it's raw as hell. There's some scintillating tracks on there, but there's also a lot of meh. I have it well below Wasting Light.

I liked Concrete and Gold and sonic Highways, but they're nothing more than solid. If they'd made In Your Honour a single album rather than a double, it would have been much improved.

14. bd007h

Self titled was my introduction to the Foos in 1995 when I was 9 so I fell in love with that album before they released anything else, so it has it's place for me. Not a single song on it I don't like.

Zilla, beachdude and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. bd007h

The fact that it was all Dave Grohl aside from one guitar part on X-Static played by Greg Dulli gives it bonus points as well. Exhausted is also one of my all time favorite Foo tracks.

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

What's everyone's ultimate In Your Honor single LP tracklist?

17. phaynes12

No Way Back
    Best of You
    Resolve
    The Deepest Blues Are Black
    Miracle
    Another Round
    Friend of a Friend
    Over and Out
    Cold Day in the Sun
    Razor

Craig Manning likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

but but but but DOA

Craig Manning likes this.
  19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

honestly throw "FFL" and "Skin and Bones" on it in place of the weakest tracks and I'm happy with it a double album, I enjoy about 80% of it as is

20. phaynes12

DOA kinda stinks if we're honest

21. BenSmith94

Trusted

Finished, I'm getting you off my chest

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I liked the video a lot when I was younger

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

This was one of my favorite bands in middle school/high school, but I just haven't been interested in a long time. First three records are classics, 1x1 stinks, In Your Honor is good, and I think Echoes is underrated.

I think I fell off after Wasting Light was touted as this "return to old Foos" and it just....sounded like another Foo Fighters record. Which is fine, but not amazing. I haven't listened to anything since other than one of the singles from the last album that sounded like it could have been an Imagine Dragons song.

Aaron Mook and phaynes12 like this.
  24. cherrywaves

Trusted

Anyway, this single is different for them, which is cool

25. Vs.

Regular

wat