Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters - Medicine at Midnight (February 5, 2021) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Nov 8, 2020.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha sorry I'm young! I'll look into some homes for you.

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

The Colour and The Shape
    Wasting Light
    Self-Titled
    There is Nothing Left to Lose
    Echoes
    Sonic Highways
    One by One
    In Your Honor
    Concrete and Gold

3. this is probably close to my list too

Wasting Light and Echoes are the best you're gonna get from this stage of the Foo's career and I still find them very enjoyable.

first four albums are unfuckwithable tho

I've given the new album one listen so far but I was distracted so I don't have any concrete thoughts other than I found it pleasant. haha

beachdude, phaynes12 and JRGComedy like this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah and even WL has to be pretty close to a decade old at this point i think

they’ll churn out some riffs i’m sure i’ll enjoy and i’m sure there will be some fun videos but they haven’t had an album that’s had more than a song or two stick with me since WL

5. JM95

Trusted

There Is Nothing Left To Lose has been my favourite for years. TCATS second, self-titled third, Wasting Light fourth. All of those are great. Not a fan of the rest, outside of probably a couple of songs on each one.

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

One time I got to see Aurora live :heart:

7. JM95

Trusted

Very jealous. I think it might be the best song they ever wrote.

8. Cool seeing all the love for There is Nothing Left to Lose, truly a great late summer/early fall record that outshines their entire discography aside from maybe that first record imho

beachdude and JRGComedy like this.
  9. JRGComedy likes this.
  10. phaynes12

i’ve never seen the amount of TINLTL love that i see here

almost everywhere else it seems like TCATS is the runaway favorite with some shouts for the debut

beachdude and Jim like this.
  11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It's up there for sure!

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love that Chorus always has weird favorites. Most of engage with music a little more than the average fan haha.

13. phaynes12

this is fair sometimes

sometimes it seems a little hot take for hot take’s sake

not that this example is a perfect one for that scenario. it’s a great album. just nowhere near the first two imo

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha I do agree, I have rolled my eyes in some cases. Color and the Shape is just sooooo 90s. My love for TINLTL is definitely related to my age haha

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Would you say you have any gold thoughts on it, though?

I'll see myself out.

16. Listening to TCATS now and it's still very good, but yeah, some of the songs just feel dated and almost animated compared to how effortless TINLTL feels to me. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's the energy is just different than what I'm looking for most days.

17. abw123

Trusted

MIA is the best "forgotten" Foo Fighters song ever (well, maybe tied with Hey Johnny Park).

One thing I hate about bands getting older, is you never get those great old album tracks in concerts anymore like you did on the early tours - the Foos got too many hits they gotta play......

Zilla and offislandghost like this.
  18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'm not all that enamored with a few of the non-singles on TCATS, but it's one of the best singles records ever made.

19. I think "Headwires" is my favorite most slept-on FF track.

bd007h likes this.
  20. JM95

Trusted

I said Aurora is my favourite Foos song. MIA is probably top three. It's so good.

21. phaynes12

there's only, like, one or two songs I'm not over the moon about on TCATS

and even those two are better than pretty much anything on the last few albums and half of the rest of their albums

beachdude and JM95 like this.
  22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yeah Colour will always be my favourite I think. that run from "February Stars" to "New Way Home" is absolutely unbelievable, probably an all-time album ending run for me

Nothing Left is super good though and my second fave

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I actually really like "Shame Shame" and I'm down for them doing something lowkey as a first single. surprised at how short the new album is though, I hope it's consistently good

also if we're talking best forgotten Foos tracks, the top of that list is always and forever "A320". top 5 track from Grohl's pen imo

bd007h and beachdude like this.
  24. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

A320 is so good

25. abw123

Trusted

If we're talking B-Sides some of my favorites are Win Or Lose, Down In The Park, Wheels (which was a semi-hit that nobody seems to really remembers) and one of the best recorded rock covers of all time, Band On The Run

beachdude and bd007h like this.