Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters Have the Number One Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Foo Fighters have the number one album in the country this week:

The set earned 127,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Sept. 21, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 120,000 were in traditional album sales, which also makes the effort the top-selling album of the week.

Raku likes this.
  2. tomtom94

Trusted

Not strictly relevant but I find it weird yet encouraging that the gap between "album units" and "traditional album sales" has shrunk dramatically in the last couple of years.

3. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Liked this album quite a bit. Need to listen to it a lot more though. Seems to be a grower.

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Really enjoyed this album.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Gotta pick this up

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Not necessarily, just for bands like this. Lil Uzi just sold 135k units first week, 28k of which were traditional.

cosmickid likes this.
  7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

On first listen, I like a couple of the songs a lot but most are totally forgettable. I actually liked Sonic Highways more. Not as bad as "Echoes..." at least?

8. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Love it.

9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Not their best, but not their worst. Wish they could recapture whatever lightning in a bottle was in Wasting Light.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  10. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

“I’d better play real good or he’s gonna replace us with ex-members.”