Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold (September 15th, 2017) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 20, 2017.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I love S/t. Good Grief might be their most underrated song.

bd007h, Aaron Mook and Onlyadirector like this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

One by One has some great songs on it: All My Life, Times Likes Theses, Tire of You, Come Back.

I think In Your Honor is their worst album. It's a mess, really.

Jamie Dagg, bd007h and inwaves like this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, how is Concrete and Gold?

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's okay. As others have said, the first 5 songs are pretty solid, then it's all over the place in terms of quality.

5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

The rock side of IYH has not held up well for me over the years, while I've come to enjoy disc 2 more and more. At least we got Best of You out of it.

bd007h and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wasting Light might actually be my favorite Foo Fighters album (either that or Color and Shape) but I've had a hard time getting into anything they've done post-Wasting Light.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, the only songs I ever go back to are Best of You (one of their best songs ever), In Your Honor and End over End. Honestly can't remember last time I listened to any songs off Disc 2 except the few that are on Skin and Bones (great album).

inwaves likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

ive literally only listened to The Colour & The Shape so I guess i can just start here

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

After one spin, I cannot wait to listen to this album again. Only other album released this year I can say the same about is After Laughter.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

In Your Honor, I think, is underrated. Some filler (obviously, it's a double album), but five or six jams on the rock side and some of their most beautifully arranged songs on the acoustic disc. A single disc version of that might be my favorite Foos record.

11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

After one listen I like a lot of it, it just flows very awkwardly. Hopefully it's a grower

12. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

There Is Nothing Left To Lose will always be their best record for me

bd007h, Zilla, DesolateEarth and 3 others like this.
  13. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

100% This

14. Gotta check out There is Nothing Left to Lose, it's an all-time favorite of mine and perfect for the season

15. abw123

Trusted

Haven't listen to the new one quite yet but in terms of their overall discography -

TINTL is by far my favorite, I enjoy the debut the least overall - I just feel that album doesn't really sound like the rest of their catalog, it's a little more raw, the songs are a little more punk, more repetitive choruses, less well written, etc. Sonic Highways, I love about half of it but it's the next weakest and the Saint Cecilia EP did little for me. Love all the other albums.

16. abw123

Trusted

And also - Wasting Light is really, really good.

bd007h, cubsml34, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  17. sukottokairu

Regular

i should probably go back and listen to their earlier albums in full. so far though Wasting Light is easily the best, and Concrete and Gold is solid and fun but not perfect.

18. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Going through my first official, full listen right now. I listened to the leak once, in fits and starts.

Does anyone else get STP vibes from “Make It Right”?

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. I definitely dig "Run" but there's no reason for it to be 5+ minutes. It literally just repeats itself outside of a 30-second solo

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. DesolateEarth Sep 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2017)
    DesolateEarth

Birb

On my first listen too. 6/6 so far. The studio versions of "La Dee Da" and "Dirty Water" are fantastic.

Edi: 7/7 now. "Arrows" is classic Foos. Love it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That and TCATS are neck-and-neck for me, depending on my mood.

I wish the band would go back to exploring that smaller sound, but I imagine that's tough when you consider the band has more than doubled in size since then.

mattav152 and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Those are both very classic Foo Fighters songs, I can see why they were playing them live before the album release.

After my 2 listens, my favorites are "The Sky Is a Neighborhood" and "The Line".

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. That's why the first half of "Dirty Water" is so good, haha. I seem to remember "Subterranean" also having a TINLTL vibe

Zilla likes this.
  24. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

If they have a late-career classic, it is Wasting Light. I really do like this new one, though. I think the back half is strong, but it will al still have to grow on me over time.

25. DesolateEarth

Birb

"Happily Ever After" and "Sunday Rain" are....different and will take a bit to get used to. "The Line" is of course great.