Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold (September 15th, 2017) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 20, 2017.

1. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, and I think the reason they dislike it so much is because they nearly broke up while making it. I'm guessing it just brings back a lot of bad memories.

2. Anyone here see Back and Forth? It's coming to Netflix soon if not, definitely recommend it. Grohl describes the making of each album through Wasting Light and talks about why he feels like they "phoned it in" on One By One. Really interesting stuff.

I also enjoyed the Sonic Highways series.

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Sonic Highways was so enjoyable. I hope they still do Sonic Highways 2 like they had discussed doing

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Back and Forth is one of my favorite rock documentaries of all time. I'll probably watch it again soon.

5. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Agreed with Back and Forth being a great documentary. Great insight into the lineup changes over the years.

beachdude42, bd007h and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. Larry David

When's that PBS concert? Did I already miss it?

7. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I still contend that Saint Cecilia has two great songs on it. Title track is a banger, as is the final track. That's all.

Oh, and the doc is one of my favorites, as is Shiflett's podcast, which everyone should check out. The one w/ Butch Walker is a personal fave.

Craig Manning, Zilla and Aaron Mook like this.
  8. inwaves

Yeah the title track and Neverending Sigh are great and are now staples on my Foo playlist.

beachdude42 and smoke4thecaper like this.
  9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Listened to One By One for the first time after liking Foo Fighters for a long time. I don't get why everyone doesn't like it (except for Jason). I thought it was pretty good.

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The best version of "One By One" is the million dollar demos, minus "Come Back," which they improved on.

And I don't think it's a huge surprise FF aren't huge on this site. Most legacy bands aren't.

11. inwaves

One By One isn't near the top of my Foo album ranking, but it was my first Foo album and I still really enjoy it. I mean, All My Life and Low make for such a great opening to a record.

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The first four songs are so good, but then it hits "Disenchanted Lullaby" and "Tired of You" and it's spotty from there.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Onlyadirector Sep 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2017)
    Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

This album is... Strange? That's my first impression. Definitely a grower for me

Edit: yeah nevermind this is pretty fuckin good

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Right in the middle of going through the full discography for the first time since Sonic Highways came out but I've always been of the opinion that the debut was by far their worst album, even the best songs (the singles and Alone + Easy Target) are super repetitive and not that musically interesting.

I don't really get the love for TINLTL either, there are some fantastic highlights on there but I find a lot of it kind of boring too. I just posted it in the band thread too but besides TCATS, the first disc of IYH, and WL, I don't enjoy full albums by them that much

15. DesolateEarth Sep 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2017)
    DesolateEarth

Birb

I actually really like "Disenchanted Lullaby" and would argue that it could fit in with the first four songs as a pretty strong front end in general. "Tired Of You" I don't really care for though.

The first album certainly wasn't them on top form yet, that's for sure. I dunno if I would go so far as to say it was their worst though. It was a fun record for what it was.

16. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

One by One has been my favorite for a long time, and I'm very happy to see I'm not alone. All this time...all this time!!

17. wait but the debut is so good though

and the second disc of IYH is better than the first

cubsml34, Zilla and bd007h like this.
  18. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

The debut will always have a place for me since it was my first Foo album 22 years ago (fan since the beginning haha). Aside from the singles, of course, Alone + Easy Target, Oh George, For All The Cows, and Exhausted are staple Foo tracks for me.

Aaron Mook and Zilla like this.
  19. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

And am I the only one that loves Tired Of You? Haha

Jim likes this.
  20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like this album starts strongly and really falls off around track 5/6. That said, it's way better than Sonic Highways which was mostly garbage.

21. Larry David

I'm so excited to check this out in a little bit

22. Larry David

Tired Of You is great. I like a good amount of One By One

23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That album rules. Easily my favorite.

24. inwaves

I'm very excited to listen to this after work today. My top FF albums are definitely TCATS, TINLTL, and ESP&G. Wasting Light is probably tied with Echoes, actually. I don't return to Sonic Highways much outside of Something From Nothing and Outside. Loved the show though.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Fan since the beginning here too (bought S/T on cassette). It's a great album that has stood the test of time. Completely different from the rest of their catalog, being kid of shoe-gazey and whatnot. It's a solid album throughout and I'll hear no different from anyone.

bd007h and Aaron Mook like this.