Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold (September 15th, 2017) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Like it more than Sonic Highways but is still lacking the intensity of their earlier work.

They'll never top Wasting Light and that's okay.

beachdude and JRGComedy like this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This is about how I feel about it. I always liked Sonic Highways though and thought that album was unfairly maligned. This one is fine when I listen to it, but nothing really draws me back to it. I still think "Run" is a good song though.

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I agree! I think SH gets knocked because a few tracks at the end are quite plodding, which is not great for an 8 track album haha.
    I think Make It Right is my favorite track on this album.

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, I've been a pretty big Foos fan for awhile now, and this this album did nothing for me. Def has a few great jams, but overall it's lacked true staying power. Despite their best efforts, a lot of it feels like the band on autopilot.

Zilla likes this.
  5. I actually went back to this one a week or so ago and enjoyed it a lot more now than around release.

There is Nothing Left to Lose is such a perfect late summer/early fall record.

Zilla, mattav152, beachdude and 3 others like this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray and beachdude like this.