Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold (September 15th, 2017) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 20, 2017.

1. StoJa9

Regular

I love that song but I got a more ZZ Top vibe from it.

2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I'm in the "Walk is the only thing that brings down Wasting Light" club, but that doesn't stop it from being in my top 3 FF albums at the end of the day

Ryan Garner likes this.
  3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think "Walk" would have been a great song to end the band on, if that would have happened (not that I wished that or anything).

4. DesolateEarth

Birb

It's far from the best closer they have ever written, and it's definitely not the best song on Wasting Light, but I don't think it really drags the album down.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

After spending a little more time with this, I think it might be my least favorite Foo Fighters record. Nothing about it is sticking with me. I appreciate that they tried to do something different, but most of these songs just feel so dull to me.

pbueddi likes this.
  6. pbueddi

Trusted

my exact thoughts. not one song really stuck with my besides "sky is a a neighborhood."

7. Craig Manning

Even the singles are just okay, for me. It's the first Foo Fighters album that doesn't have a single song I immediately love.

pbueddi likes this.
  8. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd say it's my least favorite, but definitely towards the bottom at the moment. It gets better the more I listen so that might change, but nothing is blowing me away.

9. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I actually think this is in my top tier of Foo albums. My top 3 are TCATS, TINLTL, and ESP&G, but this is close behind along with Wasting Light.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I like the little touches of Beatles and especially Pink Floyd that pop up on this. It's a solid career record for them, but the little new elements are appreciated.

11. Cmoney86 Sep 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 23, 2017)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

This is projected to go number 1 on the billboard 200 in the us with around 120k sold. Actual totals and announcement with be sometime tomorrow

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Despite my thoughts on the rest of the album, Sky Is a Neighborhood is one of the best hooks they've ever written. Been in my head for days

mike1885, cubsml34 and JRGComedy like this.
  13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I feel like Run being such a drag and being right in the beginning notches this down. It's the one song I can't fully get behind, and I like the album a lot.

14. JM95

Trusted

It's a middle of the pack Foo Fighters record. Nowhere near their best material but there are enough good songs - three or four in the first half and probably one in the second half - that I can't quite consign it to the level of drab mediocrity that has defined their recorded output for the last fifteen years (with the exception of Wasting Light).

15. Probably my fav track from this album. Ha.

beachdude42, jordanjohnson09 and JM95 like this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

Yeah I think Run is easily one of the best parts of the album. Definite contender for best song.

beachdude42 and jordanjohnson09 like this.
  17. abw123

Trusted

Pretty disappointed in this album from a band who has been SO consistent. I like about half of it - Sky is a Neighborhood and The Line are great........the Taylor-sung song is solid......but I hate Run, by far the worst single they've ever released, and the album is just too hit or miss overall. Also dislike the boring closer, Concrete and Gold. Definitely in contention for their worst album for me.

Just posted in the Killers thread, felt the same about that one.

Only new rock release that did NOT disappoint me is the new Toadies. If anyone likes them, go check it out, it's good.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

They released "Resolve" and "Congregation" as singles and both of those are much, much worse.

19. Craig Manning

"Resolve" is great. A lot more interesting than the ultra-repetitive "Run." I like "Congregation" more too.

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I will never understand the hatred for “Congregation” on this site.

FTank, Aaron Mook, JRGComedy and 2 others like this.
  21. DesolateEarth

Birb

I like "Run" more than "The Sky Is A Neighborhood" *shrugs*

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

So do I.

Also, if there's anything Foo Fighters haven't been in the last fifteen years, it's 'consistently good'.

23. same

24. abw123

Trusted

Absolutely nothing wrong with Resolve or Congregation. And Run was the album's leadoff single, which makes it worse, since this is a band who historically has a few great singles on every album.

I just read through all their singles. Only ones comparable, to me, are Low (forgot that was a single) and Saint Cecilia. Don't dislike either as songs, just don't sound like singles to me, just like Run doesn't.

25. If you would've told me prior to (or even directly after) release that I would spend at least twice as much time with The Killers' 2017 album than Foo Fighters' 2017 album, I would've called you crazy. But here we are