Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters Announce New Album; Share New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Foo Fighters will release their new album, Medicine at Midnight, on February 5th, 2021. Today they’ve shared the new single “Shame Shame” and pre-orders are now up.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

The only track of that name that matters to me:

Zorlak and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  3. AMC

Regular

Great performance on SNL too

Orla and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Meh.

Raku likes this.
  5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

favorite track since wasting light

6. E.J.

This. Coming from a long time Foo fan too. Felt a little underwhelmed with Concrete and Gold, as well as this single. Still optimistic though that the rest of the record rocks!

Raku and xburningcoffin like this.
  7. thecobrakais

Regular

i hate to be that guy, but sheesh this is a boring song.

theredline, Raku and xburningcoffin like this.
  8. xburningcoffin

KC

Underwhelmed, there’ll be a good one or two on this. Dave still not hitting with those lyrics, they always seem like the least thought about part of their music. Damn this was mundane

Raku likes this.
  9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

2021? We gonna make it there?

Raku likes this.
  10. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The drum beat is super fun and unique. Keep waiting for it to take off but it never comes.

As long as it’s better than Concrete and Gold, I’ll be happy.

11. Raku

Regular

The Foos are great, but this track was just boring to me. I tried listening to it again, sped up a bit thanks to YouTube's playback speed... I couldn't finish, not worth listening to it again sped up.

It's an alright song, don't really think I'll be seeking it out again. Maybe in the full album I'd play and not skip. I'm just hoping for something better. I know they don't have to, but I'm hoping for something that rocks like "Monkey Wrench", "The One", "Breakout", and "The Pretender" (among some other heavy hitters).

Just my thoughts on the song, and future album.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

song is dope

13. Rawrz

Regular

Havnt enjoyed an album since Wasting Light. Hoping this one is good

fredwordsmith likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Gotta listen to the song more. Found it boring and expected it to go somewhere, which it didn’t.

Still waiting for them to do what they did with Wasting Light but ramp it up even more.

Raku and fredwordsmith like this.
  15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I know musicians don’t like writing the same album again. Nobody is REALLY asking them to do that.

But MAN, what I think a LOT of us would give to hear Wasting Light on steroids.

Raku likes this.
  16. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Yeah it's boring. Also echoing that Wasting Light was the last interesting thing they did

Raku likes this.