Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters – “The Line”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jackbo487

Regular

3/3 so far, IMO

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

It's okay. I won't be screaming to hear this in 5 years, but I like how Kurstin has pulled Dave's vocals back a great deal. Listen to "Best of You" to hear what I mean as Dave is usually in front of everything, along with the guitars. By pulling Dave back, that allows Kurstin (and Dave) to do more vocal layering, counter melodies, harmonies etc. than you'd usually hear Foo Fighters do. So, at this point, I'm glad the producer change was made. Butch Vig is a legend, but their collaborations hit a wall creatively. So, a pop sensibility was the best thing for this rock band right now, especially in a pop and hip-hop driven landscape. However, I really hope the term "weirdest" is true when it comes to Taylor and Homme's description of "Concrete and Gold." Foos' tours will always sell out so why not experiment at this point in your career as long as you write a couple 'Foo Fighters' singles to keep their corporate partners satisfied.

4. Slave to the Grind

I thought the first 2 were awesome. This one not so much.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Least favorite of the three upon first listen but I still liked it and really like how they're actually changing stuff up this album

6. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Interestingly. Every first listen i give a new foo song these days im underwhelemed but they grow on me very quickly. Run gets regular listens from me and The Sky Is A Neighborhood is often hummed at work. I was the same for the stuff off Sonic Highways and even Wasting Light. I wonder if this song will be the same.

Im biased though because Foo Fighters are one of my favourite bands and i rate all of their albums highly bar disc 2 of in your honour and one by one (which i find inconsistent)

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted