Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fontaines D.C. Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Carrow, Apr 11, 2019.

1. First single from the forthcoming second album being premiered as Annie Mac's Hottest Record in the World in 20 minutes. It is one of the new tracks they played last year, A Hero's Death.

2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

But I’m gonna be BIG.

3. A Hero's Death
    July 31st

I Don't Belong
    Love Is The Main Thing
    Televised Mind
    A Lucid Dream
    You Said
    Oh Such A Spring
    A Hero's Death
    Living In America
    I Was Not Born
    Sunny
    No

Orla and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  4. THIS BAND IS THE BEST

thenewmatthewperry, Orla and Carrow like this.
  5. PauLo

43% Burnt

That song popped up on my spotify this morning, not sure why. Maybe because I've recently listened to black midi and Idles. I'm rambling. But i'm glad it did pop up, because that song is killer and i'm gonna be checking out more of their stuff.

Orla, Mary V and Carrow like this.
  6. You’re in for such a treat.

7. New single I guess? I Don't Belong was supposed to drop Friday but someone (a) dropped it on Spotify early and (b) only uploaded like 1:45 of the song so it's available to stream here in the meantime:

8. Hurricane Laughter goes so hard. I still listen to this all the time

9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

New single from A Hero's Death tomorrow

Mary V and Carrow like this.
  10. thenewmatthewperry

Orla likes this.

11. They’re bloody brilliant

thenewmatthewperry and Carrow like this.
  12. yung_ting

Trusted

new album is way different but it kicks ass, Sunny/No is such an unexpectedly great note to go out on

13. thenewmatthewperry

Did it drip?

14. yung_ting

Trusted

yeah, you can always find things Thursday morning due to it being out in different time zones!

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  15. That was the year of the sneer, now the real thing's here. Let's goooooo.

Orla likes this.
  16. yung_ting

Trusted

I’m so glad A Lucid Dream wasn’t a single and I could hear it fresh today, unreal song

Mary V and Carrow like this.
  17. PauLo

43% Burnt

Only listened to Dogrel for the first time this week. Was very good. Going in on the new one now.

This new album not getting it's own thread...?

Carrow likes this.
  18. PauLo

43% Burnt

New one has got a very mid 00s post punk vibe to it. Very Interpol-y in places.

19. There was barely a page of Dogrel discussion here so I figured it might not be worthwhile!

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, that's fair haha

Maybe, as you're the OP, you could change the thread title to just the band and have it as a general band thread...?

Carrow likes this.
  21. Good idea, thanks for the suggestion - just did that!

PauLo likes this.
  22. thenewmatthewperry

This record slays, I love the run from Living in America to the end of the album a lot.

It was surprising how much they changed up their sound. I think the lyrics on this one are so pointed and not so beautiful. Like you're being personally addressed instead of being described a setting?

23. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Excited to give this a full spin later. Band's all been something that I need to listen too when the sun goes down.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Tried getting into this band several times, just not for me. Is it mostly the lyrics that people connect with?

25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This is great. Surprisingly drawn to the ballads out of all the non-singles.