Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 1 & 2 (March 8, 2019, October 18th 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

Did they play the same setlist?

2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Same set—but minus Late Night and in a slightly different order. I wish they'd mix it up but when they are this good and play their guts out every time I don't mind.

Gooddayz likes this.
  3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

who's the opening band? do you know if its the same opener for the whole tour? I couldnt find that info anywhere.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Omni was one of them. Not sure about the other. I was outside for most of their sets.

Foals was fucking incredible. I couldn't have put together a better setlist. It was odd how few Total Life Forever songs there were, but I don't know that many of them would have fit the overall aesthetic of the show. I might have pulled out Sunday because I find the beginning a bit slow, but once it gets going it bangs.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Man I cant wait. I'm going on Saturday night and it can't come fast enough.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was expecting it to be good, but not THAT good. Definitely a top 10 show for me. The fact that they played so many songs off Antidotes melted my heart.

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Agreed on Sunday. I'm not a huge fan of it on the record, but the dance-y part and the return to the chorus was REALLY anthemic and hit hard.

One thing I need to call out about the Saturday and Sunday Brooklyn Steel shows is how well-constructed the set lists were. It felt like with every song the crowd got more and more into it and the energy was swelling and palpable. Ending the show with Inhaler -> What Went Down -> Two Steps Twice is just absolutely insane. People were losing it.

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Also, all the new songs fucking rip live. The breakdown of Syrups is obviously incredible but OH MAN White Onions is something else. The crowd was all in on that.

9. RyanRyan

I’m scared to listen to this. Holy Fire I didn’t wholly connect with, WWD kinda bored me and sounded like more of the same. Almost like a b-side album. When I heard this was out I avoided it like the plague. I’m going to give the latter three albums a go tonight methinks.

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I loved their first 3 albums and Holy Fire's actually my favorite. WWD had a few good songs but overall was their weakest imo.

New album bangs.

Gooddayz likes this.
  11. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

You guys are getting me SO pumped for Monday.

12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I like Holy Fire a lot (even if side B is a bit of a dropoff) but found WWD to be their worst. This is much better than WWD in my opinion. Definitely check it out.

Gooddayz and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  13. Maddy

Regular

I totally agree. I think even if you don't like any of the album versions of any songs from any album when you see the songs live it adds another dynamic layer.

There was another poster who mentioned how the set list for their live show builds and builds and I felt the same. Went to the Friday show and still reflecting on it's greatness

Drewski and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Did it rip?

Trick question.

redwing91007 likes this.
  15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

It was "spicey", per Yannis.

Probably the best I've seen them, but I hated the venue even though the sound was fantastic. Here are a few clips my girlfriend shot.

Gooddayz and Drewski like this.
  16. SPine

Trusted

I went to the Columbus show last night. Mind blowing. Wish they would have played a few more. Bummed no Late Night but the rest was awesome. They truly are one of the best live bands on the planet.

redwing91007 and Drewski like this.
  17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

It looks like they've swapped in Snake Oil for Late NIght, and A Knife In The Ocean has dropped off sets entirely.

18. SPine

Trusted

Snake Oil was great but would have loved to see Late Night again. We did not get Sunday and it looks they played Balloons a few nights ago. I hope they play Cleveland when the second half of the album comes out. Last time I saw them headline was 2013.. Saw them co-headline with Silversun Pickups in 2016 but was only about a 10-11 song setlist.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

20. irthesteve Aug 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2019)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

01 Red Desert
    02 The Runner
    03 Wash Off
    04 Black Bull
    05 Like Lightning
    06 Dreaming Of
    07 Ikaria
    08 10,000 Feet
    09 Into the Surf
    10 Neptune

redwing91007, Maddy and SmashRipsaw like this.
  21. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

22. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Song is a jam.

23. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

*that slaps*

coleslawed likes this.
  24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

banger.

Also, love the cover art.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New song is good. I love that I can understand even less of what he is saying than usual lol

Gooddayz and SPine like this.