Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 1 & 2 (March 8, 2019, October 18th 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Jan 22, 2019.

1. azzy01

Regular

Although these are probably their poppiest tracks yet, there's a ton of layers and depth to each track. Also didn't expect the bass on this to sound so great.

I think their songwriting definitely improved here, the longer tracks stay interesting and switch up enough to grab attention.

2. SPine

Trusted

Album rules. On the Luna is a jam. #1 AOTY with The Japanese House at #2 right now. Stoked this is a 2 part album

3. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Syrups. Early mvp for me

jkauf likes this.
  4. Jfc this record just doesn’t let up. This band is just so consistently awesome

Drewski likes this.
  5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Syrups is so sexy.

6. Maddy

Regular

Great album as always from these guys...wish it was longer...can't wait for part 2...In Degrees is the early winner for me so far

7. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

part 2 is supposed to be heavier. hoping for songs like snake oil and providence

beachdude likes this.
  8. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

I still cant believe we get a 2nd part of foals mastery after getting this, my god

coleslawed, beachdude and Drewski like this.
  9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Seriously.. I can't believe Part 1 suppose to be the calm before the storm. I'm actually glad they split this into two separate releases. Part 2 gonna be hype

beachdude, mescalineeyes and Drewski like this.
  10. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Really enjoying this. It’s catchy without feeling like it’s written for alt radio

beachdude likes this.
  11. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Had the time to listen through about 5 times this weekend, early favourites are White Onions and In Degrees. All 3 of the songs released during the rollout are still absolute jams and fit the record so well. AOTY so far.

azzy01, beachdude and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  12. really enjoying this

beachdude and redwing91007 like this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Highly encourage anyone who digs the new record and hasn't seen them on tour to go snag a ticket. One of the best live bands I've seen.

beachdude, redwing91007 and Drewski like this.
  14. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Yeah this album is incredible.

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

One of the best live bands in the world, without a doubt.

I spent a ton of time with this since its release on Friday and I can safely say that this is a really incredible return to form for them, and has clicked with me much quicker than What Went Down (which I consider their worst).

Although a lot of WWD grew on me over time (Birch Tree, Night Swimmers, Lonely Hunter in particular) the attempts to be "epic" on that record really just did not hit for me at all. I find What Went Down (song) pretty cringeworthy all around and also think A Knife In The Ocean was a set a killer on the WWD tour.

But this...man. The fingerprints of their entire catalog are on this thing. White Onions sounds like if they remade Cassius with a harder edge. The breakdown of Syrups is an absolute rocker with laser focus and some amazing work by Jack Bevan. In Degrees is going to be a crazy dance party live.

If this is the "groove-oriented" record and part 2 is the "bangers" as they said...I'm buckled in. Great sign of things to come and very excited for the show next month.

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I literally agree with everything you just said. To add on, I love that they incorporated some of the real rhythmic guitar parts that were all over the first 3 records.

redwing91007 and Drewski like this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  18. redwing91007

Had a feeling this was going to be the next single, solid choice.

19. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

I guess reading this thread that I have one of the better feelings towards What Went Down, I understand the criticism but I think it sounds huge and its genuinely songs that build on 'My Number' and expanded on it. All pop sensible but still Foals. I have the weirdest relationship with Holy Fire. Live, I always am really engaged by those songs but recorded, something doesnt click.

This is absolutely great though. It's strange how this sounds the more natural successor to Total Life Forever and Antidotes but is a cominbation of everything. I think Foals rhythmic stuff is always my favourite and there's so much to dig into here. In Degrees and On The Luna are the best.

beachdude and redwing91007 like this.
  20. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Anyone wanna run some album rankings???

21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Total Life Forever
    Holy Fire
    ENSWBL: P1
    Antidotes
    What Went Down

Gooddayz, beachdude and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Holy Fire
    Total Life Forever
    Part 1
    Antidotes
    What Went Down

23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Was curious for my most listened to tracks...

[​IMG]

24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I have Spotify so can't see mine but know for a fact mine are similar - just like our lists lol. I have a feeling some tracks off of Part 1 will creep into my list though.

Drewski likes this.
  25. redwing91007

I ran this tool which is basically my Spotify stats since my scrobbles won't be as accurate.

Foals are my top artist in "Short Term" (weeks) and "Long Term" (years). They also hold down the majority of the spots for track plays. Pretty cool to see.

Rankings are really hard since I'm so into Part 1 right now but I'll go with:

Total Life Forever
    Part 1
    Holy Fire
    Antidotes
    What Went Down

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.