Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 1 & 2 (March 8, 2019, October 18th 2019) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Jan 22, 2019.

1. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Best band in music today

don't quote if you disagree

coleslawed and redwing91007 like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

4. irthesteve

Part 2 is out in the wild

Drewski and SPine like this.
  5. SPine

Trusted

Going to have to download it and put it on my phone. Going to be on a plane all morning tomorrow. Let's go

6. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Really good as expected. The Runner is huge.

7. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Maybe there should be a Part 2 thread

8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This album is a masterpiece. "Neptune" just absolutely ruined me.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Stuck in a meeting for two hours and can’t listen uggggghhhhhhhh.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Dreaming Of is an ass shaker.

11. SPine

Trusted

Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost is my album of the year.

Wow Like Lighting and Neptune

12. irthesteve

this thread really should just be "Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (2019) "

@redwing91007

13. Maddy

Regular

Man, this album and part 1 together are something else.

2019 has been an incredible year for music after 2018 not producing much of anything for my tastes.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  14. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Listened to both parts all the way through and it is such a joy. There's a lot to love about this whole project. Well done Foals. Spots 2 and 3 on the best of 2019 for me.

redwing91007 and coleslawed like this.
  15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

It's really hard to pull off a double album. This is one of the few successful cases.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I found this to be to much of the same.

17. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

:|

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This fucks.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

i wanted a whole album of songs like snake oil and got just that

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Black Bull is really Snake Oil. #animalsongs

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Outside of What Remains, this band isn't very good at closers.

22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

After a few listens, I am somewhat comfortable saying that I prefer Part 1 by a healthy margin. At the very least, I'm sure that Part 1 was a much more immediate love at first listen: White Onions, Syrups, In Degrees, On The Luna, hell I even warmed up to Sunday after a while.

There's a bunch to like here: the blissful beauty of Into the Surf, the instrumentation on Black Bull (vocals ain't doing it), the danceable Dreaming Of. Will be curious as always to see how these songs bloom live, and I'm hoping that I like Part 2 more the more I listen.

23. irthesteve

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

geez first listen and part 2 opens with several songs with some imagine dragons vibes

bracing for this to be one of their weakest releases

25. SoundscapeMN

Regular

Imagine Dragons?

............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.gt;-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`gt;--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,lt;`.._|_,-;``................`\..............