Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Flower Crown - GLOW (October 20th, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, May 13, 2017.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

tbh it seemed more akin to beach fossils to me but that's picking some nits

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. Yeah Beach Fossils, DIIV, WIld Nothing, Real Estate - those are the names we've heard the most.

primavera and ChiliTacos like this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

y'all ever listen to Ducktails? love that band and Toro Y Moi

Wild Nothing is cool too

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

primavera likes this.
  5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

6. We used to love Ducktails until all that shit came out. Never listened to Toro Y Moi though, excited ot have a new recommendation. Anywhere in particular you would recommend starting with them?

7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish I could say I'm actually pretty new to them and they've got a pretty big discog. I'm sure others around here are fans.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey this is sweet! Couple songs in. Seems totally up my alley. Like the way y'all did everything really.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. schlotty

sophos34's sponsor

I'll review the masturbating engineer

sophos34 and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. GLOW tapes.jpg

So fucking happy with how these tapes turned out.

11. schlotty

sophos34's sponsor

Where the hell is my CD

Contender and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. I guess there was a short printing delay, they told us seven days max but it ended up being a bit longer, either way tape orders are shipping out rn and the CDs are in the mail so we'll post a pic and ship them out as soon as we have them

Wes at Flowerpot did the design work and I'm hoping the CDs are equally as sick

schlotty likes this.
  13. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

We got our CDs in today and they put a different band’s music on them lol.

Also those cassettes look wonderful.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. oh my god I would be so pissed lol do you know what band it is? who did you go through?

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  15. nohandstoholdonto

Yeah haha, there’s a video:

The Bloodshots

And we just went with whatever we found was cheapest I think, Easydisc I’m p sure? Idk.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. holy shit, that sucks (the mix-up, not the bloodshots. they actually sounded pretty good.) so what happens next? does the company cover the cost of another pressing?

17. nohandstoholdonto

I think so, yeah. It’s definitely a problem on their side of the equation. :\

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. That seriously sucks. I hope it gets sorted out for you soon!

19. CDs don't look too shabby either! (Although we also got them from EasyDisc. Eep.)

20. Pittsburgh’s “Flower Crown” On Their Name, Debut Album “GLOW” and Influences

Just popping back in to link this very cool interview we did with the Calgary-based organization Youth is Awesome! This particular writer is basically doing the same thing I did running my blog back in college, reaching out to DIY artists she likes and putting together interviews completely in her spare time. Long story short, she's doing the lord's work and it's always cool to support young writers.

teebs41, primavera and sophos34 like this.

21. got a couple irons in the fire

22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yeah my dude

Aaron Mook likes this.

23. Some very cool things coming this week, gonna keep this thread updated for those interested and then we're onto the next album

24. I hope you like them:heart:more goodies coming tonight

25. Aaand here's the video, thanks for putting up with me, see y'all for the next album cycle:

Free Bandcamp release:

Contender and Zac Djamoos like this.