Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Flower Crown - GLOW (October 20th, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, May 13, 2017.

1. Aaron Mook May 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 9, 2017)
    View attachment 10159

1. True Blue
    2. Web
    3. How's Yr Head
    4. Bloodshade
    5. Moon Water
    6. Frame By Frame
    7. Pls
    8. Rearview (Sept)
    9. Lady of the Lake

Alright, I'm not as beloved as @sophos34 but I'm pulling a page from his book to promote our new album.

In the meantime, you can stream our first EP, Hypnausea, on all major streaming services and Bandcamp (also produced by sophos). Thanks for stopping by, listening, and feel free to AMA

2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I'll check out the ep when I get to my room later. With a name like Flower Crown, it's only fitting the band play a show at City Grows.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Aaron Mook May 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2017)
    Thanks! Let me know what you think. The name is kind of tongue-in-cheek and came from our annual Coachella party last year.

We're primarily a dream-pop band with varying influences, shoegaze and jangle-pop mostly. The new songs have some pretty strong chillwave vibes.

Seeing as I left it out of the first post, RIYL: Beach Fossils, DIIV, Real Estate

4. Little update for y'all, I laid down keys on like eight tracks in Pittsburgh a few weeks back and vocals on one, but since then, we've written like three more songs. So I'm currently working on parts for those and after a little more work, we're hoping to have a single or something out in August to coincide with Barlow's release show (check out that band/thread) and have the album out sometime this Fall.

@CoffeeEyes17 in case you want to keep up ;-)

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Ayyyyyy open up this pit

Contender and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. Wrapping up recording this week so I'd put money on a September release:teethsmile:

Contender likes this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

will definitely be keeping an eye on this! i remember liking your ep when i checked it out in the shoegaze thread

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Thanks! The album is definitely a little different. We're striving for hooks, but I actually think it's a lot prettier and more atmospheric for the most part. I can't wait to announce the title, artwork, tracklist etc.

Contender likes this.
  9. My tracks on this record are straight-up pop joints and idk if that's a good thing or not, but I guess we'll find out. Also we got the beautiful @sophos34 mastering again so at least it'll sound great

Contender likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

BEEP BOOP

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This band was great but I really miss the scrappiness and heart from their EP

:) excited 4 this

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Heh, if we were a bigger band, I wouldn't be surprised if we actually heard that from someone.

Thank youuu :heart: I hope you like it

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

now you can hear what shit sounds like before and after I touch it and hire me

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Aaron Mook Sep 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2017)

Updated the artwork, tracklist and release date in the OP. Official announcement/single/physical preorders via Flowerpot Records coming the first week of October, maybe sooner. @sophos34 is on the case

shoutout to @nohandstoholdonto for trading album mixes with me and taking the time to listen and relay some very kind words and thoughts

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I am very much looking forward to hearing this!

Aaron Mook and sophos34 like this.
    Contender likes this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

is this about wrestling?

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

love the dreaminess of this, i played it a few times and it washes over you but not in a way that is sleepy or unpleasant. well done for sure!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Thank youuu :heart: we chose to release this one because it's the opening track and best bridge between the sound of the EP and the full-length. Both the opening and closings tracks kind of plod along, but the songs in between are poppier and more upbeat.

20. just got our masters back and they seriously sound so fucking good, @sophos34 really knocked it out of the park and made our songs louder, cleaner, warmer, better. Hire Jake rn to work on your record before he's busy working with real bands

GLOW is out this friday (thursday night on bandcamp) and I seriously cannot wait to share it with you all

21. schlotty

sophos34's sponsor

The best music to come from a user of this site.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

23. this is crazy high praise but very much appreciated

love the podcast btw