Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Florence + The Machine - High As Hope (June 29, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 27, 2018.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

Songs tight, but I was hoping for some a more distinct sound from Jamie.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

NitrateDawn likes this.
  5. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I wish this was a bit more adventurous musically but there are still some great songs on here, especially in the back half.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Came here to post this

7. @@ron

Regular

June, South London Forever, The End of Love, and No Choir seem to stand out beyond the initial singles. Grace and Patricia kind of fell flat for me, but that's only after one listen. Big God is probably still my favorite of the bunch.

8. kbeef2 Jun 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2018)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Kinda underwhelmed by this. The singles are easily the best songs here. Grace, Patricia, and No Choir are decent. Everything else was forgettable.

9. BoldTitan

Trusted

Yeah...I was very underwhelmed as well.

HBHBHB was fantastic and this just feels like it meanders and sounds pretty but doesn't offer a ton.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's just odd to me how quiet this album has been. I feel like there was almost no hype behind it. Anyway I think it's a really good listen. I'm not sure it quite stacks up to HBx3, but it's a really solid typical sounding Florence album. I also didn't love Hunger at first and it's really grown on me since, so I think this may just be a grower album.

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

from "grace" on this album is fantastic. not as good as hbhbhb (what an acronym lol), wish it built on what that album did, but still v good

Slangster likes this.
  13. I like this a lot

14. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

This is a solid album. I don't like to compare like this often but it kind of reminds me of God's Favorite Customer, in that they're both following up epic albums, don't really change the formula musically, BUT the lyrics are far more personal, confessional, heartfelt. Both are discussing some serious past/present personal issues, and very transparently. FJM was already doing some of that already, but it's different for Florence. She's usually far more guarded.

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The lyrics are definitely the strongest part of this

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Good so far

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I enjoyed this a lot

18. NitrateDawn

Regular

Just got back from my honeymoon so I was finally able to listen to this. Some of the comments here had me worried I wouldn't like it all that much, but I think it's great. Everything she's done from HBHBHB onward has been magical, IMO

19. irthesteve

Wow, this album is absolutely fantastic. Holy shit @ "June." Immediately love this album, there's something about how raw and unattached her vocals are on this album that really stands out to me. She has a bit of an evolved style of singing on this album and I really love how it feels

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This album is so middle of the road for me

21. irthesteve

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I can see why people wouldn’t like this but I’ve been enjoying it a lot. Throwing it on at work quite often lately. It’s easy to listen to. Her singing and lyrics are fantastic as usual.

irthesteve and NitrateDawn like this.
  23. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

album is a huge mood, might catch her in october on a whim

irthesteve likes this.
  24. NitrateDawn

Regular

The more I listen to the album the more I love "No Choir" as a closer, it's such a beautiful statement and the way it just ends before it really gets going expresses it so wonderfully

25. irthesteve