Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleetwood Mac Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

The whole gig from this performance is something else. Especially Not That Funny.

Massive love for Tusk, itching for the spatial audio version to drop.

SteveLikesMusic and OhTheWater like this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

You can really tell Lindsey had his ears open to everything else that was happening in music at the end of the ‘70s

OhTheWater and JamesMichael like this.
  3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Onto Mirage. This is much better than I was expecting it to be. "Book of Love" is very good.

Also did the first solo Buckingham album. "Trouble" rules and "Bwana" is weird enough to be interesting, but I don't love much else on it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Mirage is good, Tango in the Night is even better

cshadows2887 likes this.
  5. JamesMichael

Give Out of the Cradle a listen (my personal favourite solo album from him) although Go Insane is top tier as well.

You are going to love Tango in the Night.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I honestly think I like Mirage better than Tango.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Rumours, s/t, Tango then Mirage for me

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Buckingham songs on Tusk are really making a run to top Rumours for me, but I think Rumours still wins.

Rumours
    Tusk
    Mirage
    Tango
    S/T

9. Rumours
    Tusk
    S/T
    Tango
    Mirage

all winners

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Rumours
    S/T
    Tusk
    Tango
    Mirage

Could flip 2 and 3 depending on the day.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

tusk is no. 1 all day every day forever

12. JamesMichael

Think About Me from Tusk is probably a top song for me. Lindsey and Christine at the top of their game.

Mirage has some of my favourite songs from them but it definitely comes last in the classic 5 albums run. But yeah 100% all winners.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Tusk
    Rumours

Fleetwood Mac
    Tango in the Night

Mirage

Say You Will

14. JamesMichael

Not sure when it happened but Tusk is now in Dolby Atmos!

15. JamesMichael

This is Dolby Atmos versions is *chef's kiss*. So many little sounds present here that would normally be buried in the mix. Lindsey was really in his element with Tusk.

Can't wait for inevitable Tango in the Night version.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

regretfully i became a dad and realized the error of my ways (somewhat) with this band and listened to every album in about a week and a half. exhaustive ranking since im not a dummy who ignores their very good pre-buckingham/nicks albums:
    1. Tusk (just insane sicko shit, the buckingham songs and the mcvie songs are great)
    2. Then Play On (incredible. kirwan's story is about as sad as green's but the combo of the two for this single record was lightning in a bottle. i can't get over "although the sun is shining")
    3. Future Games (kirwan's best but missing the peter green songs. title track is cool as hell though)
    4. Rumours (not going to pretend like it doesn't have good songs but the insane acclaim is a little much for an album with more than three or four subpar songs. ive come around to it being "good" though)
    5. Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (great peter green songs but i can't stand jeremy spencer's shit)
    6. Mr. Wonderful (same as the last one but just less good peter green songs and equally bad jeremy spencer ones)
    7. Fleetwood Mac (some grating buckingham tunes, the nicks ones are good, the mcvie songs feel likes lesser versions of her rumours tracks, weird production)
    8. Kiln House (awesome kirwan songs again but unfortunately that dipshit jeremy spencer is back, love "jewel eyed judy")
    9. Tango in the Night (a great opening track and great mcvie singles and a lot of stuff i never really want to hear again)
    10. Bare Trees (kind of the fleetwood mac to rumours with bare trees - lesser kirwan songs and the Welch songs are more annoying than the future games title track and the mcvie songs just feel out of place and transitional)
    11. Mirage (nothing here outside of gypsy that sticks with me at all)
    12. Mystery to Me (pretty bad)
    13. Say You Will (pretty bad)
    14. Penguin (really bad)
    15. Heroes Are Hard to Find (embarrassing)
    16. Behind the Mask (i turned this off after four songs)
    17. Time (i turned this off after two songs)

coleslawed likes this.
  17. JamesMichael

Still feels like you aren’t a fan from the right up there haha. But glad you somewhat came round to The Mac.

Phantoms and BornToRun like this.
  18. JamesMichael

Any other Mac fans on here checked out the Dolby mix of Tusk yet?

19. @phaynes12 our of morbid curiosity, what songs (besides "Oh Daddy") would you consider subpar on Rumours

20. phaynes12

that's one yeah, "never going back again," "i don't want to know" and then one i'll take to the grave

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Buckingham’s live version of Never Goin Back just skyrockets that song to one of my favorites.

JamesMichael likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

if the last one is Silver Springs then you've got about three and a half hours left

coleslawed, Aaron Mook and BornToRun like this.
  23. phaynes12

no lol that's their best song and it also isn't on the album

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

My man

25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

If it's "Dreams" I'll put you in the grave.

coleslawed and Aaron Mook like this.