Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleetwood Mac Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

legend

2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Just got my Apple Replay yesterday and to no surprise the mac are at the top.

Attached Files:

Blainer93 likes this.
  3. Phantoms

Regular

RIP :( she was a huge part of the band’s sound and incredibly talented in her own right

4. Ugh. Stevie gets a lot of fanfare and she's an icon, but Christie was truly integral to FM and was one of the band's best talents and songwriters. RIP. This sucks.

5. Zachary Dresch

Regular Supporter

Christie and Lindsey were my favorite aspects of FM and now Christie's left this world and Lindsey is out of the band. I feel like it's time for FM to call it quits at this point.

6. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Would love a playlist of great Christie-written songs.

Zachary Dresch likes this.
  7. Zachary Dresch

Regular Supporter

I got you!

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wish You Were Here is so underrated and amazing

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Did You Ever Love Me has to be the most underrated song by Christine I loveeee that one

10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Christine was the glue. Lindsey and Stevie sounded good together, but Christine filling the space between them is what made them Fleetwood Mac.

11. JamesMichael

Still devastated by Christine's passing but it's good to see the appreciation for her talent inside and outside of FM in this thread.

She was arguably the backbone of the band (other than Mick) and there was no denying her knack for writing great songs that were elevated by Lindsey's production sprinkles. Both Mick and Stevie wrote some touching tributes last night but Lindsey's camp has been quiet, I'm sure he's just taking in the news and I know from his last tour that he's not been too well himself, fingers crossed he's on the mend.

BornToRun likes this.
  12. I've always preferred Christine's vocals/songs over Stevie's, easily. I mean... you can't get much better than "Everywhere."

13. JamesMichael

Outside of the classic three album run I think her songs on Tango in the Night were all bangers and no doubt some of her strongest (both Christine and Lindsey were firing on all cylinders here).

Isn't it Midnight just goes off and Lindsey's solo is incredible.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. Yup. That’s my fav album of theirs. “Isn’t it midnight” is constantly stuck in my head.

j0nnymarrzbar and JamesMichael like this.
  15. JamesMichael

Zachary Dresch likes this.
  16. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

:( Tango is one my fav albums and she is the absolute soul of that record. Isn't it Midnight is one of the greatest songs of the 80s

JamesMichael and Blainer93 like this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well I guess I will not be catching Stevie on her tour this summer cus the cheapest tickets are $125 before fees. Insane lol

18. Last year, I bought the Livenation Lawn Pass for our amphitheater here. It was like $200 but I got to see Stevie Nicks, The Black Keys, Bush, Korn, The Chicks, Backstreet Boys, and there were a bunch of other shows I could have gone to but didn't. Well worth the price to do that instead of just buying a single ticket for one of those bands, if you don't mind lawn seats.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Zachary Dresch

Regular Supporter

Fuck Ticketmaster. Fuck them up their fucking...fucks. Hopefully the hearings happening spark a change in what's happening with prices lately. Not holding my breath, but a person can dream.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ya I'm fine with lawn but this particular show is at an arena. (Hard part of the lawn pass at the amphitheater for me is that it's hard to get out there but that's a different convo haha)

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's just wild cus I've seen her twice and Fleetwood once on that last tour. Fleetwood might've been around this price, but this is wayyy more than I paid for Stevie either of the other times. And there are TONS of tickets open. Overplaying their hand here for sure

22. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

That was the pricing for her show her last year and it sold fast which shocked me big time cus that was the priciest I’ve ever seen a lawn ticket at $100

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hmm ya I paid like $80 but for a lawn ticket but it was at Ravinia which is like a small pavilion and a huge lawn, but you can't really see the stage much from the lawn it's more of a go for the vibes kinda place. And I guess that was pricy for that venue, but I would've thought I could also get $80 nosebleeds for this. But good for her I guess haha I'm glad she still has the demand

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Heavy into Tusk right now. I’d say the best word to describe this performance is..deranged? It’s so weird and fucked up and I love it.

25. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

I've been posting a lot about this band for the past two days, but Stevie Nicks' feature on the new Gorillaz album is really great.

JamesMichael and irthesteve like this.