Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleetwood Mac Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to a lot of Mirage lately. My Dad had a vinyl copy of it sitting in the basement, so I've stolen that (well really he donated it). Trying to do better about spending more time with their full albums instead of just the bigger singles and songs I already know.

Meanwhile, I'm just anxiously awaiting news of this supposed 2018 tour.

xmilesross likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

OMG.

BornToRun and Aregala like this.
  3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lmao this fucking band

BornToRun and Aregala like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Hmmmmm

5. chris

Trusted Supporter

lol

6. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

lol

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Rapid fire puns

Times go bad times go rough

Here Lindsey Buckingham goes again he says he wants his freedom

They brought Neil Finn on board because they didn't want to dream that Fleetwood Mac is over

Lindsey went his own way

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

9. Amiketoremember182

You met me at a very strange time in my life

When are they gonna tour?

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Dafuq is going on here

You’d think these guys would be too old for this drama

vidiviciveni and beachdude42 like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Like will I still go? Yea I will, but I was really looking forward to seeing the full classic line up. This makes me much less excited.

12. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

I love that they have to replace him with 2 people.

Davjs likes this.
  13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Honestly adding those two legends is super intriguing...if they had a different band name and just made a record together.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Coming to my city in ...almost a year from now. Not sure if I’ll be going without Lindsey.

BornToRun likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Torn between being excited because I've been waiting for them to announced this tour for forever, but also I can't help but think of how much I'd be losing it right now if Lindsey was still in the band. Still should be a great night, and Stevie is all the convincing I really need.

17. vidiviciveni

Trusted

coleslawed and BornToRun like this.
  18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i mean honestly stevie and christine make it worth it, and it could potentially be very interesting, and like... i've written about lindsey for years, it's been excessively documented though not ever really emphasized how fucked up he can be, i can't imagine being in a band with him, but... yeah i'm not going

beachdude42 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Scooped up some tickets today and I'm very excited honestly kind of surprised how little I care about Lindsey not being there. I think I cared more about seeing the "classic" line-up than his actual presence there, if that makes sense, but if we had to cut Lindsey, Stevie, or Christine, I'd definitely pick Lindsey so I'm pretty happy. Should be a very fun night. I'm also interested in them saying they're planning to play some of the earlier material as well. I'm not very familiar with the pre-Lindsey/Stevie stuff, but it should be interesting to hear their take on that.

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the bob welch era is fucking great

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This tour starts Wednesday. My show is Saturday. I'm so excited and I'm really curious what the setlist is going to be, especially since they said they're going to throw in some songs from the Peter Green days. I'm not really familiar with all that, but I've listened to some of it and it should be pretty cool to see.

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

they should throw in "sentimental lady"

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Irving Azoff was calling with a message for Buckingham from Stevie Nicks. The gist of it, Buckingham says, quoting Azoff: “Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again.”

Two nights earlier, the most popular and enduring lineup of Fleetwood Mac — Nicks, Buckingham, singer-keyboard player Christine McVie, bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood — performed in New York at a MusiCares benefit show honoring the group. “We rehearsed for two days, and everything was great,” Buckingham claims. “We were getting along great.”

But on the phone, Azoff had a list of things that, as Buckingham puts it, “Stevie took issue with” that evening, including the guitarist’s outburst just before the band’s set over the intro music — the studio recording of Nicks’ “Rhiannon” — and the way he “smirked” during Nicks’ thank-you speech. Buckingham concedes the first point. “It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ” he says. “It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.”

BornToRun likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.