Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleetwood Mac Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Fleetwood Mac are a British-American rock band formed in July 1967. The band, to date, has sold more than 100 million records world wide and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. The band currently consists of Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood.

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"I Know I'm Not Wrong" and "What Makes You Think You're the One" may honestly be my two favorite Mac songs at this point.

3. Meerkat

"Landslide" is my favorite song of all time, so that kind of accounts for that. But "Never Going Back Again" is one of my favorite guitar performances ever. I'm also really partial to "Little Lies"

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  4. Meerkat

When was that? That sucks. I saw them on the tour before Christine rejoined and then again after.

5. Meerkat

Hearing "Little Lies" live changed my life

6. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

So the latest installment of P4k's new long form Sunday coverage of a classic record (which, unrelated, has so far been absolutely incredible; some of the site's best writing in ages) is on Tusk. Doubtful it touches the stellar piece @cshadows2887 wrote on it back in the day, but I'm excited to read it nonetheless. Endlessly lovely album.

Fleetwood Mac: Tusk Album Review | Pitchfork

7. cshadows2887

:heart:

Thanks, dude.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Great band, great thread. Was super surprised how solid their most recent EP was

9. Horrorca

Trusted

Stevie Nicks is a goddess

a propos

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Tusk is my shit. Their live show these days is incredible, too. Caught them twice over the past few years.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

"Seven Wonders" is my favorite Mac track. Great band

12. cshadows2887

Stopped reading the p4k review in the second paragraph. Any writer who says Rumours is full of "pert, amiable love songs" doesn't deserve another moment of my attention.

13. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Rumours is a favorite of mine, and "Landslide" is a strong contendor for my favorite song of all time. I really need to check out Tusk and their other works.

14. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

"The Chain" still has my favorite bass line of all time.

15. cshadows2887

Melodically, John McVie is the best bass player of all time in my eyes. And that song and "Go Your Own Way" are prob his best work

16. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

One of the holy untouchable all time favorites along with Beatles and Neil Young. The Dance is one of the best live recordings ever. Watch the versions of Silver Spring and So Afraid, they far surpass any album version and the performances are heartfelt and incredible.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah Rumours is such a masterpiece I rarely venture outside of it

cshadows2887 likes this.
  18. cshadows2887

You really should sometime. They had a hell of a peak

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Weird. Seems like it was supposed to be a Fleetwood album but it didn't work out with Stevie or something ?

21. cshadows2887

I wouldn't assume just by default. Lindsey usually gets Mick and John for solo albums, too. Why wouldn't you?

It could very much just be that the two wanted to make a record and just brought on the best rhythm section they know

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I listened to Time for the first time the other day, it's a pleasant album I suppose but just kinda... lacking

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

today's the 40th anniversary of Rumours!

Aregala likes this.
  24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Will be listening to Rumours every chance I get today, one of my favorite records of all time

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Aregala like this.
  25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

One of the few albums I'd consider perfect.