Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleet Foxes - Shore (September 22, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 14, 2020.

1. This take is improving on repeated listens, fantastic track

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

DaydreamNation likes this.
  3. i'm just relieved to learn that there's no thread connecting robin pecknold and gen. kellogg tbh

4. Dog Fish

Mutt

source?

5. KeynDooee

Living Legend

Dog Fish likes this.
  6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Andddd sold out.

7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Excited to check this out

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

Listening with studio headphones now and haven't turned this off since 9:30am.

possibly my AOTY right here

9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Real enamored with the drumming on this

10. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

This is incredible. Wow.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I’ve never listened to a Fleet Foxes album before. Let’s go

12. should give helplessness blues a spin too if you even remotely enjoy this one. welcome!

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

Featherweight is unbelievable

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  14. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

A Long Way Past the Past and Shore are the standouts for me after a few listens. Do they have any songs like Past in their back catalogue? It’s so great.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

me thinks you’re just biased due to the lyrical link to Holyfields.

16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

zmtr and DaydreamNation like this.
  17. Lucas27

Trusted

Fleet Foxes is one of those bands where it's like, "I'll get around to them. I know I'm going to flipping love them." But I never have. Well, now I am and this album is unbelievable so far.

zmtr likes this.
  18. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I never really got around to them either, but the Brian Wilson connection @zmtr posted a few pages back has me very intrigued, because "Don't Talk" is one of my favourite songs of all time

might give this a spin soon

zmtr likes this.
  19. "Young Man's Game" is exactly what I was hoping the HB follow-up would sound like after Robin did that cover of PJ's "Corduroy" on some late night show and then disappeared for like three years

zmtr likes this.
  20. zmtr

Trusted

This song has turned into one of my favorites. Drumming throughout the track is amazing. Love the lyrics as well.

21. zmtr

Trusted

22. zmtr

Trusted

I really can't believe Robin wrote Helplessness Blues when he was 25

23. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

I've loved Fleet for so long and their music has meant so much to me over the past decade and this album is just sublime

I put it on this morning really early while I was getting ready for work and I can't recommend that enough

24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I've always been aware of Fleet Foxes, just knowing what they sound like, but it never fully clicked for me. I tried listening to Crack-Up a couple times when it came out, but it never stuck. I enjoyed this more on first listen, I'll keep trying to stick with it. I can tell it's wonderful musically, and melodically catchy, it just depends on what grabs me on future listens. Production is really pretty, and there's so many lush flourishes happening in the background that make this wonderful to listen to with headphones.

stars143 likes this.
  25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

wow only a few songs in and this is immediately engaging me way more than their last one did

"Sunblind" is just gorgeous. the David Berman reference really blindsided me emotionally