Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleet Foxes May Be Getting Back Together

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

In a new profile with Distinct, Fleet Foxesʼ Christian Wargo revealed that he and Robin Pecknold have been discussing the idea of getting the band back together.

“It’s not, like, ‘announced’ or anything, and none of us really knew it was coming, but it’s happening,” assured Wargo, who also spends his time as a woodworker and illustrator. “Possibly unofficially at this stage, but it’s definitely a thing.”

The post Fleet Foxes May Be Getting Back Together appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

Damn, I didn't even know they broke up. Loved Helplessness Blues (and all other works). Hopefully "The Path" has a bunch of people check them out since they used their song for the trailer.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they weren't really broken up, were they? just sort of inactive while waiting for a new record

4. They were kinda on a "hiatus" while Robin went back to school.
    For anyone who’s curious, this is a short Fleet Foxes update – been a while! So, after the last round of touring, I decided to go back to school. I never got an undergraduate degree, and this felt like the right time to both see what that was about and to try something new after a while in the touring / recording lifestyle. I moved to New York and enrolled at Columbia, and I’ve mostly been doing that, but I’m working on songs and excited for whatever happens next musically, even if it’s down the line. Hope all is well out there.

Best,
    Robin

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

that makes sense.
    i feel too many people feel bands need to be in specific periods of activity. whether it be touring/promoting a record, working on new music, broken up...bands are human beings with other interests, it doesn't need to be something that's always cut and dry for fans. like for me, i don't even consider this a break at all...they didn't stop being a band, they were just working on other things

6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Nice!

7. Awesome. Helplessness Blues remains one of my three favorite records from this decade.