Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleet Foxes - Crack-Up (Nonesuch Records, 6/16/2017) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cody, Jul 23, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This album is beautiful. I love the way it all just flows together. It's so easy to get lost in it.

2. AngryMan

Regular

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

AngryMan likes this.
  4. zmtr

Trusted

Hell yeah. We eatin' today.

coleslawed and AngryMan like this.
  5. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

UGH so good last night

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, they just released some seats for Friday's show and I got a second row centre floor ticket.

ChiliTacos and awakeohsleeper like this.
  7. zmtr

Trusted

Really really upset I won't be able to go to the Detroit show on Sunday.

I'll for sure be catching them in Chicago in October.

8. Welp sadly I can't make the Chicago show first week of October so I'm selling my ticket for below face to get rid of it quickly. It's a pretty good seat (front of mezzanine level) and I'd rather it go to someone on here than an internet rando. PM me if interested or to offer condolences for having to miss the show. It's for the Wed night show not the Tues night one.

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

oh this thing is really starting to reveal itself. wow

10. Dog with a Blog

seeing them on Saturday. I still haven't really delved into this album. I've listened to it a decent amount, but it's not something I feel I can just pick and choose a song to listen to. If I'm gonna listen I feel like it has to be from beginning to end

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

yup, same here. album hasn't really grabbed me at all like their first two, but i don't think it's bad by any stretch. i'm wondering (hoping) that it clicks with me a bit more now that the weather is turning a bit.

seeing them a week from tomorrow at red rocks.

zmtr and Bloodsucker II like this.
  12. zmtr

Trusted

I feel the same way. I think the album is great but It just don't have he same replay value for me. The new live show is incredible though. They play a perfect mix of songs

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

That was a very good show. Wish we could have been closer but it was awesome nonetheless. They had a full horns section which was a pleasant surprise and closed with Helplessness Blues so I can’t ask for much more than that. Beach House was fantastic as well, they really complimented each other.

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

At Red Rocks for the show tonight!

zmtr and Bloodsucker II like this.
  15. jdr2187

jdr2187

Same here! Beach House just played one of the longest opening sets I've seen, I usually would be pumped about that but I'm so excited to finally see Fleet Foxes.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  16. zmtr

Trusted

I'd love to see a show there at some point.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

such a beautiful venue from the pictures i've seen

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I'm seeing these guys Tuesday and can't wait.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Shit this is in two days and I still have new songs to learn (and some Helplessness Blues tbh). Looks like I'm only listening to Fleet Foxes for the next two days.

Really excited though. Should be a great show.

20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

saw these fellas last night and maaaaaaaaaaaaan it was incredible

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow! They're so great sounding. Everything feels so full. Nothing fancy about their stage set up, because why would they need that? The songs speak for themselves. Truly a beautiful night, and a great catharsis after the crushing day we had yesterday.

Spoiler tagging for a setlist comment:
    Robin did a Tom Petty tribute as part of the encore too. I expected it, but that didn't make it any less beautiful and moving. He did Don't Come Around Here No More, which was the perfect choice in my opinion.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yes, that was incredible. I haven't seen them since they headlined pitchfork back in like 12, and they were just as perfect as I recalled.

Also, The part you spoilered was so powerful. My girlfriend cried.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My eyes might have been a little sweaty...

It was my first time seeing them and it was as beautiful as I had imagined. I'd be down for Fleet Foxes Pitchfork 2018

Jim likes this.
  24. radiodead

Trusted

Just got tickets to see them in Indy. 2nd row. Ahhhhhhhh.

25. zmtr

Trusted