Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Five Women Accuse James Franco of Inappropriate or Sexually Exploitative Behavior • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2018.

1. zachmacD

Trusted

I really hope this isn’t true but the chances of that being the case are pretty slim.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This one is the most disappointing one yet for me. I'm such a fan of his work, especially in comedy

Turkeylegz and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. SuNDaYSTaR Jan 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2018)
    SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Yikes, I can't believe I missed that, so sorry.

skogsraet likes this.
  4. jorbjorb

7 rings

Shit. Disappointing. :(

5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

There's no symmetry in this type of situation, so I'm not sure why you're trying to apply the same weight to "his side" of the story when it's been demonstrated time and time again that sexual misconduct cases are far from "he said/she said" situations.

And before you bring in the "Devil's advocate" act, just know that it's getting really old and counterproductive at this point.

fenway89 and skogsraet like this.
  6. oakhurst Jan 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2018)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You don’t have to apply the same amount of weight to both sides. Just understand both sides. Hearing what Franco said doesn’t mean you have to believe him, but knowing if he admits or denies claims is actually pretty important imo.

7. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

He literally got outted for trying to pick up a 17 year old via very clear DMs with his selfies in them and people just forgot. I can't wrap my head around that.

8. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Do you think James Franco woulda went on a late night show and outted himself? of course he's denying it- no a-lister is going to announce "ah yes, I did the bad thing. it's all true". I really don't think that Franco denying it is a big deal at all.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Nah his answer wasn’t surprising at all. Him speaking about it is what’s important. Of course some people don’t care what he says because it’s very, very likely he is in fact guilty.

10. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

This is shitty to hear, although not really at all surprising. I always kinda got a creepy vibe from him and then when the whole DM's incident with the 17 year old happened, that pretty much confirmed it for me. Good on his victims for speaking out.

summertimejesus and fenway89 like this.
  11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Can't help but wonder how differently he'd be handling this and if he'd be nearly as public if he weren't already scheduled on these late night shows promoting himself and the movie for award season.

fenway89 likes this.