Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Five Women Accuse James Franco of Inappropriate or Sexually Exploitative Behavior

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Los Angeles Times:

Tither-Kaplan is one of five women who, in interviews with The Times, accused Franco, 39, of behavior they found to be inappropriate or sexually exploitative. Four were his students, and another said he was her mentor.

In some cases, they said they believed Franco could offer them career advancement, and acquiesced to his wishes even when they were uncomfortable.

2. aniafc

Trusted

Is this even surprising to anyone anymore?

Good for every victim that knows they’re able to come out with their stories now. I wish, as a whole, our society never made victims feel like their stories didn’t matter, but I’m glad that we are making some slight progress there.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

And I thought hurricane season was over

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

He denied them during an interview with Colbert

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

*Seth Meyers

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so?

8. transrebel59

Regular

Not surprised. He tried hooking up with an underage girl a couple years ago and got called out.

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I was amazed how quickly that got forgotten in my social circles, maybe I shouldn't have been shocked but still

10. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

That definitely means he didn't do it then!

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I watched that happen to the point where I’m shocked anyone is shocked about this

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t say it did. I’m just stating the fact that he claims he didn’t do anything.

DesireToPlease likes this.
  13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i hope seth rogan speaks out

mercury likes this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Not sure what the point of doing that is. Thanks for reiterating the stock response of every abuser, I guess?

15. gbuffers

England.

He'll just do that awkward and annoying laugh for about 2 minutes and then leave silently.

Analog Drummer and Brent like this.
  16. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

What he said; what's even the point of merely "stating facts" if there's no intent or purpose behind it?

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Two sides to a coin. Why do you think News reports state both sides of a story even when it’s clear someone is guilty? No matter what side you believe it’s still important to know both sides. Why do you think Colbert asked him the question? Therein lies the answer.

18. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Lol when does the news ever show both sides to a story?

Jacob Davidson, Robk, cwhit and 3 others like this.
  19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Uh I use she but yeah lol

20. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

certainly five individual women are all conspiring against james franco falsely

edit for clarity: no he probably did fucking do it jesus

21. oakhurst Jan 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2018)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Quite often. Whenever someone is a suspect they’ll usually say what the person was accused of only to follow it by saying if evidence supports that accusation or if there is any evidence at all, especially with court cases. They’ll have a statement by someone connected to the case and they will give both sides. It’s safe to do that for legal reasons obviously.

I do think he’s guilty though.

22. Why are you making multiple posts defending the “he says he didn’t do it on a talk show” post? Wyd?

CoffeeEyes17, SuNDaYSTaR and fenway89 like this.
  23. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

How stupid does someone have to be to get up on stage wearing a Times Up pin, knowing full well what he’s done... like the arrogance on display is just ridiculous.

24. transrebel59

Regular

I was talking about this with my friends. There were definitely people at the Golden Globes that are guilty, haven't been exposed and were probably clapping for all the speeches, yet freaking out on the inside knowing that they're very close to being exposed.

Jacob Davidson and fenway89 like this.
  25. Ska Senanake

Trusted