Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fist Fight (Richie Keen, February 17th 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 22, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Two teachers engage in an after school fist fight
    Starring Ice Cube, Charlie Day, Jillian Bell, Tracy Morgan, Dean Norris, Christina Hendricks

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Yep I'll definitely be seeing this

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Evan Susser!

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i can't tell if this looks amazing or awful
    cast is great though. KUMAIL!!!

Kingjohn_654 and kyle like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Commissioner Evan Susser

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Movie looks like it could go either way. "Fuck the police" made me cringe a bit however

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This movie will likely be awful but I think the trailer - and premise - is hilarious.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

im' 100% sold. we get so few 'original' comedies these days i have to support this.

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was fucking terrible. A waste of all talent involved.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed. Think I got more laughs out of the Kong: Skull Island trailer.

Every character (namely Jillian Bell's) seemed to be playing a caricature of the the roles they usually have. I dunno, I just hated this. Some of the best/only decent things in the movie were already in the trailer. Also, I cringed harder during the talent show scene than in anything in any movie I can remember last year. Legit ruined a song I love haha.

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I got more laughs out of reading the premise of a movie where Charlie Day and Ice Cube get into a fist fight. And totally agreed - everyone was leaning in to whatever trait they're usually typecast as. And that talent show scene - I knew it was either going to be "IDFWU" or "Ass." Either way, it's terrible. God I hated this movie so much.

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Bummer. I was hoping Susser would come through.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I hope the friend of the show has better luck with the "Sonic" movie. This movie is two years old anyway. Hopefully it's just a foot in the door.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Zilla likes this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

This got a few laughs out of me but was a huge let down. The worst part was definitely Jillian Bell's character and all her nasty jokes about wanting to fuck the students. Yuck.

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Maybe it's actually great and the reviews are just spiteful retaliations for the failed Doughlympics

it's probably just not a great movie

suicidesaints likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

This movie sufferered from the same problem a lot of recent comedies seem to have. No jokes. Not a lot of setup or payoff, just "comical situations", and that's supposed to be enough.

The premise is pretty funny though, could have been good.

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I keep on thinking about what a giant waste Christina Hendricks was. She felt like a character that was chopped up in editing and should have just been left out because the one joke she had wasn't funny.

Bloodsucker II, mad and CarpetElf like this.
  21. Dog with a Blog Feb 16, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017)
    Dog with a Blog

Yeahhhhhhh, that was weird

They also let a lot of jokes just hang there in dead air for too long. A complete lack of direction or style, anyone could have shot this.

Also, they have that whole scene where they are guessing what happened in Ice Cubes past. That could have been set up, if not for a joke, then at least for some character growth. Nope. He's just pissed off all the time and that's it. Like I "get it" he's upset cause of the way the school treats faculty blah blah blah, but the dude is a monster lol.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It makes so much sense that Shawn Levy produced this. It's his exact type of bad comedy.

23. Dog with a Blog

Dude, yes, exact same problems I had with Why Him

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this was real bad. All the characters were just such awful people, which can be funny but in this movie it was just unpleasant. Also, the message seemed to be 'Sometimes violence IS the answer!' and idk bout that.

Fight scene was actually pretty good though. And I saw the Little Miss Sunshine moment at the talent show coming from a mile away but it still made me laugh.

25. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I don't understand what the movie is about... The teachers are fist fighting? How is that funny?