Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fireworks Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Iago, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I do wish Gospel sounded clearer but I think that's part of its charm about it too

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I love a lot of records he did, but he's gotten worse and worse throughout the years, especially with more pop punk stuff. It sounds SUPER warbly, especially when all the instruments come in, everything gets so muddy. I hate how he makes drums sound, they sound the same on every record pretty much, and the guitars just sound really flimsy without any audible bass. And I've listened to many of his records on vinyl, they sound better there usually, but the same production problems plage those records.

3. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Just been watching acoustic performances all night and my god I miss these guys so much. Please renounce the hiatus soon

Ugly Mug and sonder like this.
  4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I did another resequence for Oh Common Life, and I'll probably keep making weird versions to include that title track, maybe one of their best songs and I have no idea how it was cut from that album

[​IMG]

Bryan Diem and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

every time i see a notification for this thread my mind immediately wishes its announced that they are back together.

Ugly Mug, sonder, Ed59_ and 2 others like this.
  6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

gotta question that closer decision.

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I think it works, the title is so fitting as a last song, and the vibe is real similar to the actual closer which wasn't a real bad fit, but I wanted to be a little more bold with some choices.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

pop punk is just nostalgia tho it isn't good right

FTank likes this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yeah if I didn't see these guys early on in high school I probably would have never liked them, even when they advanced their sound and alienated the pop punk kids

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. Ed59_

Regular

One day this band will get back together and release an album even greater than Gosepl & O,CL. I have faith.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  11. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Man, fuck all yall with no faith. I firmly hold the belief that if a band currently held the same integrity as Fireworks, they would be dominating the scene. The only reason anyone would disagree that Fireworks was not the pinnacle of Pop Punk while they were active is because they weren't actually listening to begin with.

I can't think of one other band that, throughout the course of their catalog, captures the topic of coming of age in the midwest. Fireworks documented that point with pristine clarity through both musicality and lyricism.

I wouldn't be surprised if this band's fan base pulls an American Football in 10 years.

12. Snoblin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they record it in a non-heated storage unit in the middle of winter?

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah it was definitely something like that.

14. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Woah. How did you guys hear about that?

15. Micah511

It was in an interview at one point in time. Said they tried fleshing it out in the studio but they just liked the vibe of the OG demo instead.

16. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Ohh nice! I love the little things I learn about my favorite bands on this forum.

17. Snoblin

For real. hahaha I found out where I heard it. it was on a track by track they did for AP. I guess they don't explicitly say winter, but I guess it's sort of implied because they comment on the fact that the unit had no heat.

Additionally, I love all the track-by-tracks Fireworks have ever done:

Gospel:

Track By Track: Fireworks - Features - Alternative Press

Oh, Common Life:

Fireworks - ‘Oh, Common Life’ track by track and “Glowing Crosses” video premiere - Features - Alternative Press

For AIHTOIMOC, they had what was essentially a track by track in the gate fold cover for the vinyl release. I can't immediately find a picture online, so maybe I'll take one when I get home and upload it.

sonder likes this.
  18. Snoblin

[​IMG]

I lied. I found a picture, it's just not big enough to read. I'll just type em out when I get home.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  19. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know what happened with Dave's other project Tea & Water?

I really loved that EP

Ugly Mug and smowashere like this.
  20. Snoblin

I saw him talk about recording some material for it a few months back

21. Micah511

I need some music with Dave's vocals again. Fireworks should just come back already. Do they have some 10 year anniversary coming up AIHTO is almost 10 years old isnt it?

Ugly Mug likes this.
  22. Mister Lyrical Sep 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2017)
    Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

If The Dangerous Summer can make a return I don't see why Fireworks can't. I don't see it happening for their first album though, outside of maybe a Michigan show I don't think there'd be enough people who care.

sonder likes this.
  23. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

this is awesome! thanks for the links, I'll check them out at lunch haha :D

Ugly Mug likes this.
  24. Snoblin

I saw a bunch of people in Columbus Ohio lose it when they played Detroit

JaytotheGee likes this.
  25. Snoblin

I echo this sentiment daily.

I've always been fuzzy on who contributed the bulk of lyrics for Fireworks, but I want more of that as well.