Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fireworks Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Iago, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Yeah I think I've almost grown out of the genre now, at least when it comes to the new bands. I listened to Gospel and OCL and loved both of these albums so much. I do feel that with OCL it's more top and bottom heavy whilst the middle can drag on a bit but regardless it's still a fantastic album.

Also listened to some YMAEWK last night and always felt like they were quite an underappreciated band also.

Bryan Diem and incognitojones like this.
  2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

If anything the drag in ocl is the opener. And You Me was sooooooo great

3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah, I'd say there are 4 songs that aren't quite up to par to the rest for me. Glowing Crosses, God Only Knows, Haunts this House, and Young America. Everything else is incredible.

4. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I've always really liked the opener, really sets the tone for OCL, though I can definitely see why some people may find it a bit of a drag. I've always found Dizzy With Love --> Sound Of Young America can be a bit tedious after hearing them a few times though.

5. Micah511

Dizzy is top 3 for me. such an emotionally heavy song, and that bridge borders on some post rock stuff, i love it so much.

6. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Yeah I like Dizzy the best out of the 3 even though I do love the lyrics of House a lot too

7. Glowing Crosses is one of their best songs and I've always thought that. I listened to it so much when it came out

8. Micah511

same, which might be why im not crazy about it now? i dunno. i did the same with summer though, and i still think that song epitomizes everything that is perfect about fireworks.

9. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I still love Woods so much, got chills when I first got to that chorus

10. Micah511

woods and run brother run are the god tier fireworks from that album for me.

11. Run Brother Run and Hotbed are one and two

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i love flies on tape more than most people, probably because it's the closest to gospel

MFA, incognitojones and jordalsh like this.
  13. Micah511

Flies on Tape reminded me of FOB in the best way when it came out. that chorus is something else.

jordalsh likes this.
  14. Micah511

How do people feel about I Am the Challenger?

Bryan Diem likes this.
  15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Haunts this house is one of their best songs

It's a great album full stop

16. Micah511

this is so good.

Ugly Mug and MFA like this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wonder why he says it's a "cover'.

18. Micah511

He's got an odd sense of humor, so he's probably just messing around.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Sooooo good man, I always forget about it though haha

20. Micah511

i used to not be a fan, i thought it was too jarring compared to the rest of the record. then i read the story about how they tried to record it and couldnt capture the feel of that original demo, so they just said screw it, and went with that version for the album. i still wouldnt mind hearing the produced version that they were trying to make though.

Ugly Mug and Bryan Diem like this.
  21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Haha, I've never looked into the recording of their albums, that's awesome. Glad they did what they did, don't want mcternans filthy hands on that song

22. Micah511

What are the albums people dont like by him? i love both fireworks records, balances separation, and the two circa LPs hes done.

EDIT: also see he did clash battle guilt pride and both graduate albums, he is a okay by me.

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

just because records are good doesn't mean they are produced well

nfdv2 and Bryan Diem like this.
  24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I like I am the challenger a lot

25. Micah511

I dont mind his production. i listen to enough albums to be able to pick out things i like and dislike about production, but im by no means an expert. what specifically is bad about his? if i had to guess maybe lack of bass? a little too far on the treble-y side of things, vocals too high in the mix? on all of those albums specifically though, i really like how the vocals sound.

Barcara likes this.