Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fireworks Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Iago, Apr 21, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'll be a part of that fight just to get them back together.

Ugly Mug likes this.
  2. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Lets take to the streets to get these guys back together

Ugly Mug likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

These guys were heading in the right direction with Oh, Common Life. We probably would have gotten another around this time if they were together.

Empty Houses is sweet though. Wish they would tour the country so I could see them.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. abear182

Regular

Got stupidly excited when I seen this and then realized it must be an old tweet/joke because Warped Tour isn't on at them moment.

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

cruel.

6. I love OCL so so much

AlwaysEvolving21 and Bryan Diem like this.
  7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

OCL is imcredible despite being maimed by McTernan. So moving. Last great pop punk album?

8. Oso Oso

Brenden likes this.
  9. I still fuck with Gospel too. Tired comparison but it held up better than Suburbia which is something I would have laughed at 6 years ago

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

yeah in 2011 it was suburbia, gospel, and listen and forgive. Gospel holds up better than the other two easily, and it isnt even close.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

L&F is my favorite of the bunch musically but i will never listen to that trash band ever again

MFA likes this.
  12. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I still listen to Gospel a fair bit which I can't say of TWY

Transit tho lol more like tranSHIT

cwhit likes this.
  13. cwhit

i don't listen to that twy because TGG is so much better than suburbia

Zac Djamoos, Bryan Diem and Micah511 like this.
  14. basically but I don't return to TGG that often anymore either

FTank likes this.
  15. cwhit

neither do i, haha. a pop punk kick just makes me listen to chumped or latterman

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

yeah, i feel like TGG does everything suburbia does but 10x better. i dont go back to it often, but its easily the best TWY, and the most listenable one today. musically listen and forgive is awesome, but the vocals didnt age well, and the lyrics to all your heart dont sit well anymore after the YNE debacle.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I've always said these guys were better than TWY, but yeah, it is still crazy that Gospel is kinda winning out as one of the most unforgettable pop punk albums of the 2010s. Listen and Forgive had some really great songs too but also a lot of meh

18. cwhit

also transit actively promoted abusers on stage, fuck that band for reasons totally different from the music

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  19. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

The Wonder Years and Fireworks once tag-teamed a set somewhere in the midwest I think? Knowing that happened and that I wasn't there greatly upsets me.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that would have been incredible. I got so bummed out when I saw it happened the next day

21. dzyjay

Regular

Really? I loved all of transits releases.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Never could get into Transit.

As for Gospel, I consider that a pop-punk masterpiece. Up there with Blink's - Dude Ranch for me. Gospel is such a unique pop-punk album that has signature guitar riffs and a quirkiness that is so identifiable. I haven't been obsessed with a pop-punk album since Gospel.

I mean, OCL is greatly amazing and I was obsessed with that too, but I don't consider that a 'pop-punk' album.

Dammit, Fireworks....just get back together.

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

L&F is the only good Transit album

LessThanTrevor, FTank and Brenden like this.
  24. cwhit

they are shitty people that actively promoted a rapist on stage, fuck them

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I cannot believe how much I cherished Suburbia and TGG and how I cannot even picture myself purposely listening to those today. I did enjoy NCTH, but didn't have much lasting value for me.

In comparison, if something off OCL or Gospel plays on shuffle I'll never skip it.

AlwaysEvolving21 and Bryan Diem like this.