Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fireworks Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Iago, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

2. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Breaking news, man says word! What could this possibly mean? More at 10!

3. Clockwork

Regular

Subbing to this thread to keep up on any and all updates. Gospel is an essential album for me and seeing them on Warped is one of my favorite concert memories.

GEM37 likes this.
  4. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

But hopefully on the west coast. ;)

GEM37 likes this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

A reunion show in Michigan would be so much damn fun

beachdude, sonder and kelseyleigh like this.
  6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I just remembered that I’ve seen them a good amount of times. Opening for NFG (‘09 and ‘14); Warped 2012 (starting right after NFG on a different stage); and then their final full US tour.

7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i really hope its not just opening for the man overboard reunion shows...

8. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

If they did a reunion show(s) and Detroit/Michigan wasn't involved I'd be very surprised and incredibly disappointed.

Joe4th likes this.
  9. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

So.....I just got back from a concert in Detroit and ran into Kyle from Fireworks there. I hate to burst the bubble, but I brought up the tweet to him. He laughed and said that after he saw it he texted Dave because he didn't know what was going on either lol. Apparently Dave was just listening to music on shuffle and a Fireworks song came on...that's all there is to it unfortunately.

Kyle was cool to talk to...sounds like he's got some cool improv and comedy sketch stuff that he's into. Doesn't seem like there's much chance they'll be getting back together anytime soon, but of course, never say never.

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I also just talked to Kyle, I'm in a sketch group with him, and they both confirmed that Fireworks recorded three new albums, and there's a secret code online to get one of them, you have to buy illegal fireworks and follow the serial numbers or something, but its ten songs one acoustic and sounds like their last album but forty times better. They're also touring exactly to that place you want them to surprisingly soon.

You don't have to believe me, but my uncle does work at their label and he gave me an advanced copy of a secret t shirt they have coming out, it glows in the dark so that's sick but I can't wear it or take pics because it'd ruin the "shirt glow" chemicals, ya gotta trust me

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is too good to be true.

12. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Hope this wasn't directed at my post? lol

13. Snoblin

You had me at illegal fireworks.

14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I just want to keep the hope alive

15. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

haha *whoosh* right over my head....like an arrow :(

Collins likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I miss this band.

Snoblin, dzyjay and Micah511 like this.
  17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Primarily yes, but I think he would also work with Dave to write lyrics from Dave's perspective too? it jumps around a lot

genericities likes this.
  18. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I think it was primarily Chris before Oh, Common Life, then Dave brought some lyrics to the table. Run Brother Run and The Hotbed of Life, specifically. Dave also wrote a lot of the guitar parts, so it's a pretty collaborative effort overall.

genericities likes this.
  19. Kuri44

Found out yesterday that The Weekend Before Halloween/Gospel DLX version is no longer on Spotify.

20. GEM37

She haunts the roads

:tear:

Kuri44 likes this.
  21. Snoblin

yes, this is very sad. :(

When I found out, I Immediately put them on my itunes so I still had access to the bonus tracks hahaha.

Kuri44 likes this.
  22. Snoblin

I'm definitely at the point where I think that, if this band ever does come back, they will have a completely different sound - something indisputably distinct from the previous records.

Hope it happens.

Hope I like it.

23. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Every time these guys post about JJR on their socials it makes me a little less interested in seeing them come back :(

24. Snoblin

Yeah, that's literally the worst part about this band.

sonder and FrankieThe4th like this.