Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fireworks Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Iago, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Iago Apr 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2016)
    Iago

forbidden chalice.

2. I miss this band. Can't wait for their eventual return.

Oh, Common Life is a damn near perfect pop-rock record and I wish it caught on more with the scene.

GEM37 likes this.
  3. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Oh, Common Life is one of my favorite records. Definitely up there. 2014 was a huge year for me release wise.

It's warm out in New England for once, so I'm busting out some of my favorite summer albums. Listening to Gospel as of right now.

4. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Oh, Common Life is wonderful, especially lyrically. I don't think I've gone a week without listening since it came out.

5. 2014 really was stacked. So many records that could have been AOTY in any other year where The Hotelier record didn't come out hahaha.

Iago likes this.
  6. Night Channels

Trusted

Height marks on a doorframe...from when year brought welcome change. Now it all just feels the same.

GEM37 and Iago like this.
  7. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The chorus of "Woods" is so rewarding. I'm always satisfied with it.

8. Ruston

Patiently waiting for this band to get back together.

9. Iago

forbidden chalice.

@Jose and I message each other every week about how cool it would be for this band to come back.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

I really liked the last album these guys did.

11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I feel like Fireworks deserved to catch on more than every other "pop punk" band that came out around the same time, but they didn't give in to the cliches the others did, which didnt give them the fans needed to keep going. But I guarantee their albums will be highlights of those years when it's looked back on in 10-15 years.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone and Iago like this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Listen the Common Life Sessions more than anything. Would love to own that on a 10".

13. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I really loved this band but for as many times as I saw them live I always thought they were kind of boring to watch? That never stopped me from going to see them though so I guess the joke is on me with that one. Gospel is up there one of my favorite summer albums.

14. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I would love for them to come back with a "Common Life Sessions" rendition of the whole album and then say they'll make new tunes next year. I think those sessions could hold me over another year or so, honestly. The harmonies of the bridge of "Bed Sores" from those sessions is simply breathtaking.

airik625 likes this.
  15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

It'll probably be at least another year on the Fireworks front, especially with Empty Houses just announcing their album and a tour supporting Good Old War.

Jose likes this.
  16. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

The best. Fireworks and The Swellers are truly two under appreciated and extremely talented Michigan bands.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Looks like Empty Houses has a full length coming out.

Daydream 12" Vinyl

I loved the few songs they released last year. Probably going to have to preorder this on vinyl.

18. Listening to "Teeth" from Gospel right now. I forgot how good this song is.

ECV and collin512 like this.
  19. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i see Gospel and The Upsides as the gold standards for the style of pop punk that all these Pure Noise/Hopeless bands make. they keep pouring out generic records that don't come close to those two and are afraid to change things up like Fireworks did for Oh, Common Life, which is on a whole different level. that album is perfect.

ECV likes this.
  20. Always come back to Gospel around this time of year. Oh, Common Life is more of a winter/early spring album for me.

Jose likes this.
  21. oldboot

Regular

I just wanted to come say that "Gospel" is one of the best albums of all time. I am listening to it right now and even at 27 it makes me..feel things. I love/miss this band and wanted to express this to people who may agree!

GEM37 likes this.
  22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Fireworks forever.

oldboot likes this.
  23. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Fantastic band. Just listened to the Bonfires EP on the way to work.

24. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

(Oh) Common Life is a perfect record and we were not worthy of it

GEM37, Iago, GettingSodas and 3 others like this.
  25. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i just came here to post exactly this. when it came out i thought it was wonderful but a little less great than gospel and now imo it's a fucking masterpiece