Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fireworks - Higher Lonely Power (January 1, 2023) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Micah511, Nov 8, 2019.

1. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I still can't believe how incredible this song is.

Brent likes this.
  2. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I would guess that their plans have been put on hold due to COVID. Tough to make a comeback if they can't tour to support it.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I said this to one of my buddies the other day. I wonder if this was supposed to coincide with a tour announcement (Upsides 10 year?) that is now delayed.

4. Kal El

The sidewalks are watching me think about you.

So... still nothing about the album?

"Demitasse" is amazing but it's slowly wearing out in the wake of no news.

5. Micah511

No news. I don't really listen to Demitasse now. If it's on the album I'll play the heck out of it, but until I know what's going on, I'm gonna hold off on listening in an effort to not play it out.

6. Kal El

The sidewalks are watching me think about you.

Well that's a shame then. Was hoping we would have something by now...

Oh, and if anybody was wondering about the sample at the end of "Demitasse" -- it is from a traditional Macedonian song. I think this is the exact version of it. Don't know why it's there and how did the band end up with it though.

7. Cipher

Not surprised we haven't heard much about it. It's definitely been put on hold after all this mess.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It definitely has to suck to record a full album and release a song/tease a comeback and then have to go radio silent again for 5+ months lol

tyramail likes this.
  9. abear182

Regular

I am secretly hoping they would just shadow drop the album.

10. I am happy with them waiting as long as they want if it means the rest of the album is this good and I can see them live again!

11. Clockwork

Regular

I don’t mind the wait but I wish we had some word from them. The complete silence is frustrating.

Brent likes this.
  12. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I'm actually hoping they don't shadow drop. The silence seems to be building suspense which will be good for the release.

13. WeWereGiants

Regular

I’d like a date, I’m happy to wait but a date would just let me know it’s actually happening haha

danielm123 likes this.
  14. John Nguyen

Kyle has some sort of live podcast with his friends and I asked him about the release of Higher Lonely Power on it and his was response was basically that it was something they have still been working on as a group and they are just seeing how the COVID situation goes and that he did not have a definitive answer on the release date.

15. abear182

Regular

Eeek sounds like a 2021 release might be on the cards :teethsmile:.

16. Just in time for Gospel's 10 year anniversary. Yeah you read that right.

17. Micah511

I just had a FB memory pop up from 9 years ago where I said Fireworks were my new favorite band. Time is funny.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. emojedi

Trusted

so i'm getting a fireworks tattoo this week and need suggestions. considering the Gospel cover but also taking other suggestions!

DefeatTheLow likes this.
  19. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I have the boy with 2 devils sitting on his shoulders from Gospel on the inside of my left arm.

sonder, DefeatTheLow and emojedi like this.
  20. Indigo

Trusted

I always liked the Oh Common Life cover art as a tattoo idea with maybe some more context or color surrounding the boy-wolf.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

22. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Is it finally time?!?!?!?!?!?!?

23. WeWereGiants

Regular

God I love this so much, the album is going to be so good

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

sick maybe they can take JJR and Harry Corrigan’s bands out with them

Contender, Carrow and sean_rugy like this.
  25. Micah511

This sucks so much. They are one of my favorite bands and for them to not call this out/actively support is just... man.