Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fireworks - Higher Lonely Power (January 1, 2023) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Micah511, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Gospel is also my most listened to album of all time by a long shot, at least since I started using last.fm.

Attached Files:

Rob Hughes likes this.
  2. jordalsh Nov 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    speaking of "Xs on Trees." I got this shirt at warped tour (yuck) in like...2012? and I still wear it to bed all the time lol P0.jpg P0 (1).jpg

Rob Hughes likes this.
  3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Summer is probably my favorite from Gospel, but I definitely need to re-visit this album again. It's been a few years and the hype is finally back!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Ah yes, the ol' band shirt with lyrics and pictures from a show on the back! Holy shit that's lasted you ages haha

jordalsh likes this.
  5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Woods and America are my favorites off OCL. X's is my favorite off Gospel

Rob Hughes likes this.
  6. had to show that I was very hardcore and show off my favorite hardcore band, Fireworks

Rob Hughes likes this.
  7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Attached Files:

beachdude, Joe4th, smowashere and 2 others like this.
  8. Ed59_

Regular

I’m sure I remember reading somewhere that they didn’t finish it during the recording sessions so didn’t want it on the record.

I remember it was the first teaser when the album was announced and it had a really cool video with random stock footage. Don’t suppose anyone has it? Would love to see it again.

9. Micah511

I always enjoyed reading this track by track they did with Chris before OCL came out. It's on AltPress, and that website sucks, so I just copy/pasted the contents here.

10. CAC3

Dog

Oof, the description for Bed Sores is heartbreaking.

Thank you for posting this! Sad to have come around on Fireworks late, but happy to be here for the comeback. It's nice to be able to know the meaning behind some of these songs I have grown to love.

Micah511 likes this.
  11. Micah511

"These houses are headstones, these basements, they are graves. After getting out I never thought I'd want back in. I want back in." :tear:

karcrashianpanache likes this.
  12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

talked to kyle who was at like every saves the day thing i went to this weekend, said album is done but the band has nothing else currently lined up at all.

13. Micah511

Was everyone who is popular in this scene there? I saw Jeremy Bolm taking vids of Jon Simmons on his instagram story.

14. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Flies on Tape, Hotbed of Life
    Oh Why Can’t We, The Wild Bunch
    I Support Same Sex Marriage, When We Stand, and come on Detroit is a classic (modern classic?) pop punk jam

Their EP’s are a lot of fun too!

New record is gonna be out of this world, I have no doubt about it. Hoping my body can handle it.

15. Been a long time since I last listened to them. What was that song they put out as the first taste of the 2010 EP called again? That was one of my favorites back in the day.

16. Micah511

I Grew Up In A Legion Hall. That was when FW went from "decent pop punk band" to "hey there's something cool going on here" for me.

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I saw brett, kyle and jon simmons on one side of the stage in anaheim, jeremy must have been on the other side lol.
    yesterday gabe saporta was in the pit for like the whole night, we moshed together it was tight as fuck. also my friend saw matt watts of the starting line.

DickyCullz and JRGComedy like this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol what is your life

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I'm here to represent older Fireworks also slapping. CARDELLINI.

20. Samesies. 'Detroit' remains a classic but the rest of that album, as well of the earlier material, never fully clicked with me. The growth happened afterwards.

21. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

jordalsh likes this.
  22. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Did you ask him to get midtown back together?

23. I saw these guys a bunch back in their EP days but never got into their albums. However, I dig the new song so I’m here for the new album.

24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

This is by far the best Fireworks song. I cannot contain my excitement for this album.

danielm123 and beachdude like this.
  25. danielm123

Trusted

I honestly can't remember the last time I've listened to a song this much after release. Which is saying something considering it's almost 7 minutes long. Hoping I won't burn myself out on it, but so far, it hasn't gotten old at all

beachdude and pauljgreco like this.